Toribash
Original Post
Would an Alpha Layer work?
I've been thinking of creating a Rorschach (from Watchmen) inspired set but the only thing I cannot seem to think of how to create would be the hat. Sure, I could put a nice inkblot in the middle, and have it be like a large percentage of heads out there, but no, I want a hat that actually looks like a hat, and not a beanie.

So, my question is, to make the hat actually look like it's popping out instead of just being mapped on the head, would an alpha layer work?

To be more specific, I don't want it to look like a regular circle, I want it to look like an actual (circular?)head with a hat. It's going to be a permanent set and I want to make sure it's nothing like any other set out on the market.
Try using a flame with a particle texture to use as a hat. Alpha layers still follow the spherical shape of the head so I don't know how you would make a hat that isn't beanie styled.
Pc running slow? Think you are infected or just want a general clean up? Try this.

Originally Posted by SpaceLlama View Post
Try using a flame with a particle texture to use as a hat. Alpha layers still follow the spherical shape of the head so I don't know how you would make a hat that isn't beanie styled.

nooooo~
Well, thanks, I'll see what I can do.
Maybe I'll save up for a custom hat flame if I can't get it right.
Once again, thank you
To achieve that all you need to do is learn how to shade it correctly to make it pop out and not look flat.

Though it sounds a lot easier then it really is. Using lighting tricks and well placed drop shadows under the hats brim is key.

I suggest looking at Rorschach himself and getting a feel on how the hat is shaded and try recreating it.
Originally Posted by Phixa View Post
To achieve that all you need to do is learn how to shade it correctly to make it pop out and not look flat.

Though it sounds a lot easier then it really is. Using lighting tricks and well placed drop shadows under the hats brim is key.

I suggest looking at Rorschach himself and getting a feel on how the hat is shaded and try recreating it.

Yes, you are right.
Use shading that could make an optical illusion.
The hard thing is to make it with a 3d view. 2d view maybe easy but in 3d, lighting is hard for you to do.
~knight zero~
Yes, you can make it by Path Tool.... (Which is for me willl be the easiest way.)
LifeBlind, please don't post things that are useless. Post something ontopic.
Enigma | Indonesian?
rip aelise, she wil b remembrd
Alpha -> transperency

What you want to do is make a bump-map, which will make it look 3d.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."