Toribash
Original Post
Snow Leopard or Windows 7?
Hey people, Im getting a new computer but I just want to know what you people think.

Should I rather get Snow Leopard than Windows7?

Im using the computer for gaming
Thanks
Last edited by Roronoa_VI; Nov 19, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well what are you going to use this computer for? It is not possible to directly compare the two as they are used for different tasks.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
If it's gaming, get windows 7. If it's design work, get Snow Leopard. Though Windows 7 can do design work as well but Snow Leopard does it better. Trust me, I have a Snow Leopard myself.
RIP ∑
master of the universe
Definitly windows 7. With macs, your paying an extra 500-800 for the name. Macs are really crappy for gaming (unless you consider photoshop to be a game XD). Windows 7, while not quite as good at design work as Snow Leopard, is still decent.
Confucious say, baseball is wrong. Man with four balls, cannot walk.
Well in all actuality game makers are beginning to make their games playable on Macs so you may want to take that into consideration. Plus the fact that almost all design programs run better and look better on Macs. But Macs are more expensive.

Just some points you may want to consider.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
yeah, but stick with the norm. there are a lot of games for mac, but they aren't made on mac. and they're always made on pc nonetheless, then converted. i haven't heard of many mac exclusives.

in my experience, game design = windows, while movie design = mac. movie design is the more heavy art design and stuff, but games are for pc.

AND OMG NICE POST COUNT.
◕ ◡ ◕ [VIP]
If you want to be able to use the majority of available software, you will use a Windows OS. There is nothing about a Mac that makes them more suited for design, I will argue that the contrary is actually true. Since the majority of software is compatible with Windows, you naturally will have an easier time doing ANYTHING, because more software is available. The fact of the matter is, using Windows allows you more tools in your toolbox.
well difninitly snow leopard cuz window 7 sucks, and toribash is bad on it. macs have extremely good graphics and they are rly good for game