Ranking
Original Post
The RPG thread
After a couple of years of total lack of game playing (just tb fro two years straight and a small field trip to star craft 2) I recently got re-addicted to rpg's one of my favorite game genres. This happened quite unexpectedly, I got a craving for an rpg, downloaded Drakensang 2, played it a bit, downloaded Two worlds 2 and got re-addicted.
I am already contemplating what shall I play next when I finish Two worlds 2, and these thoughts have brought me back memory lane. I am wondering what rpg's gave u sleepless nights?

I can not give my list in any order so I will just shoot the games out:
>>TES 4: Oblivion - my first TES game, to say the least I was impressed with the world, the amount of quests, almost everything.

>>Newer Winter Nights - my first D&D fantasy role-play, I still remember some quests - this is the game where I fall in love with the Cleric class

>>Diablo 2 - yes its pure hack and slash, yes u play the game three time just on harder levels to advance. But somehow it is so charming and addicting, Played it again about 3 years ago, still had fun. Paladin for the win!

A list of RPGs I tried and did no play, I am picky an the time was not right

>>TES 3: Morowind, I am very sad I missed this one, I can not compel my self to play it now, the graphics are rudimentary and the fight system gets on my nerves. I just found about it to late

>>Baldures Gate 2 (and 1), I've heard only praises about this game, I will prob try it sometime, again I missed it when it came out and now I just can't play it enough to get drawn in because of technicalities.

>>Fallout 3 (I never tried the older ones) I had such huge expectations, but somehow it did not get me addicted, maybe swords, bows and magic are more for me, also the V.A.T.S. got on my nerves. So I just stopped playing it.

>>Dragon Age Origins, tried it, the amount of buck spend on directing the story is enough for the wow effect, But it came out when I just stopped playing games, I think no game could have brought me from that. Only time.

>>The Witcher, tried it, didn't like the fighting system, uninstalled it, now I am sad I did not give it a chance.

Give me u're thoughts, what are the best u played? Why? Which ones did u skip? What do u recommend?

I am unsure what to play after I finish Two worlds 2. These are my thoughts:
Risen
Fallout New Vegas
Baldurs Gate 2
Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher

What would u suggest me from my list, or maybe I overlooked something?

will add pics a bit later
wishful eyes deceive me
I'm surprised you didn't like Fallout.
I liked the quests, and the fact that you controll the storyline somehow;
f=m*a syens
RPGs that got me addicted:
* Most Final Fantasy games (apart from 8 due to glitches in the psp version)
* Morrowind & Oblivion. Also Daggerfall back in the day. (Loved the first-person rpg style in the former, and huge world and quest variety in them all)
* Sacred (Somehow #2 didn't pique my interest quite as much)
* Fallout 3 (Until it started crashing in interiors, then I moved on to New Vegas)
* Grandia (lol wut)
depends how you like to go about stuff

if you're a story / playability guy, definately Planescape.
If you're a graphics guy, you should probably wait 'til TES 5 comes out.
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
Arcanum!
It's old(it came out togheter with Diablo 2..that's why anyone know it),but it's one of the best rpg(story and the freedom you have,make this game really one of the best ever).
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
Diablo 2 ftw.

The Witcher fighting system really pissed me off, its like "wow this is all it is".

NWN falls in to a different category, more traditionalist than ARPGs like Torchlight or DeathSpank.

(By the way add Torchlight and DeathSpank to the list of awesome games.)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
If you enjoy Diablo II then you will enjoy Sacred and it's sequel. Think Diablo except a lot bigger and more difficult. In regards to Witcher, the vanilla game is absolute rubbish. Install the mega-patch/fixpack/complete overhaul. It makes the game so much better. I can't remember but I think you have to pay for it (it's cheap though).
If you didn't like fallout, you will like new Vegas way less. Risen is meh, and DA2 has a combat system that you might not like, try mass effect.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Definitely Mass Effect.
I've never been all too much of an RPG guy, apart from Legend of the Dragoon when I was a kid, and I beat FFVII.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 were great, I recommend the hell out of them.
Thanks.