Ranking
Original Post
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Well, there have been threads about the beta, but the full version is out now, and I'm sure many people are pleased.
I've been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 (BFBC2) for quite a while, after warcry ordered me to get it, showed me a few videos etc and so far it has been really good.

Lets get this out of the way, its a beautiful game, the graphics are probably the best i have seen in a long time.
My only complaint is there is a bit to much dust sometimes, and its hard to see when sniping, but it feels real. On the topic of graphics, the environment is completely destructible, and most things will get destroyed if you hit it with a grenade launcher or rockets.
Just say you hit a house with a grenade launcher, that wall is coming down. as warcry said, its awesome to be sniping out of a window, and the whole wall coming down in front of you. This means you have to think about where you're taking cover, and make sure they don't see you. If you keep hitting a house or building over and over again, the house or building will come down, and anyone inside is instantly killed.
Onto the sound, and the sound in this game is brilliant, you can literally hear bullets whizzing past your head as your running. I was watching a youtube video (The "Ken burton show") and he said "I have actually heard one of those grenade launchers go off, and they do make that popping sound".
The downside is the knifing. I haven't had any trouble with it, but people have been saying that its horrible, and its slow etc.

The single player story is fun, which gives you lots of things to do, from a standard infantry, to riding in tanks, shooting out of helicopters and controlling UAV's.
You start off as a soldier last name "Whyatt" in world war 2, you quickly find yourself mowing down jap soldiers and you rampage through the trenches.
After that mission, you're reunited with people from Bad Company 1 like Marlowe (you), Sarge, Sweetwater and haggard, fighting in Russian territory.

Single player is great, but multi-player is where it shines.
There are 4 modes, they are:

Rush: There are 3-5 pairs of M-Coms and the attackers job is to take the pairs out. When you take the first pair of M-coms out you advance through the map to another pair. After about 3-5 pairs, you should be near the end. Also, every pair of M-coms you take out, you get more soldiers

The defenders job is to try and kill the people on the attacking team before they destroy all the M-com stations. The attacking team normally has 100 for each M-com.

Conquest:Conquest is basically capture the flag. There are 4-3 flags spread out over the map, and your team has to try and capture them, and kill the other team. the more flags, the better your chances.

Conquest and rush are both 32 vs 32 at max.

Squad Rush:Like rush, but with 2 teams of 4 players.

Squad Death match:Squad death match has 4 teams of 4 players, the objective is to be the first squad to reach 50 kills. If you do, you win. Its pretty fun to play with friends.

Now you're probably thinking "Squads? whats the point of that!?" well you can spawn off them, and get straight back into the action, its great if you have a good balanced squad, to rush into an enemy base. a squad can have up to 4 people in them.

Now, to add some more fun, there are rolls like medic, engineer, recon and assault.

Assault:An assaults main job is basically to kill. They are equipped with deadly semi-automatic guns, and frag grenade launchers. They also have ammo packs, so whenever a team mate is running low on ammo, you can supply them with more.

Engineer:An engineer's main job is to look after vehicles, and destroy enemy vehicles. They have deadly silent guns that make a clicking noise when fired, and rocket launchers like the Carl gustav, AT-RPG and others.
They also have a drill to heal friendly vehicles.

Medic:A medic's main job is to look after the soldiers, and revive them if they die. They are equipped with LMG's like the M60 and the PKM. They also have health packs, and defibrillator's. Health packs heal injured soldiers quickly and defibrillator's revive them from the dead, refunding soldier tickets.

Recon: The sniper class, basic job is to spot enemy's using the spot button, and use they're motion mines, which puts an orange reddish arrow above the enemies head. A good sniper will get close to the action and help out as much as possible.

If you have any questions, or actually have the game, and want to have a few matches, find me, and other BFBC2 players at #BFBC2 on IRC
Battlefield bad company 2 is available for PS3, X-box 360 and PC.

People who play + Username
Noomy-Noomy1
Muffindo-Muffindo
Aslask-Aslask
Ezeth-Ezeth
Tapion-Tapion
S3D-Saedz
Litto-Rittozora
Lempika - Lempika
Veliar Veliar640
Last edited by noomy; Jun 11, 2010 at 02:55 AM.
i love the game, but my complaints are that i get lag alot (might just be my connection) and i would like more maps.
oya and the knifing.
Last edited by Ray; May 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Message to new players: if you hang back near your spawn and snipe, people will hate you. Rush is about storming the enmy base, blowing those MCOMs to shit and then exterminating everything inside. Rinse and repeat. If you're going to snipe, get up to the front lines and hit people who are running up to their side of the front lines. Concrete boxes are indestructable, so use them as cover. Concrete walls, brick walls, wooden boxes and vegetation will disintegrate. Concrete waist height boxes will not. They will lose their shape, but they will stay intact. Keep your head down, pop up occasionally to shoot people in front of you and drop ammo, health and motion mines near you all the time. Hit Q or the Back button (if you're on a console) to spot an enemy. This will put a marker on them that your whole team can see. You get 20 points for every spot, so do it often. If you're playing medic, use your defibrillators to revive teammates. DO NOT repeatedly revive someone who is dying repeatedly. It will ruin their K/D and give away your position. They might want to come back with a different kit and you could be preventing them helping you.

That's about it for lectures.

One more tip: If someone is hiding from you and it's quiet, throw a grenade near them. Their character will scream out to their teammates with a warning, this will help you locate them. The sound in this game is amazingly useful.
infamous
Another message is that in the start you will probably die a lot and suck hard, but after a while when you get the grasp of it and get a few unlocks it will be really great and fun.
I played this today after my bro going on about it so much. It's actually not bad I think i'm going to start playing it more. Inb4recon.
A true scot.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Another message is that in the start you will probably die a lot and suck hard, but after a while when you get the grasp of it and get a few unlocks it will be really great and fun.

That is very true. :p
also has anyone but me experianced this:
Cant play mulitplayer cus "Cannot Connect to EA online"
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

I can't go online because an error pops up saying "Unable to log in, try again"
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
if you guys would like to share ur Gamertag mine is RayA75 (derp) can i add u alphasonik? also pretty much the only way to succeed in this game is TEAMWORK. its what this game is designed for and why its so fun.
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn