Toribash
Original Post
The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle!

The Humble Indie Bundles - compilations of indie games that not only help charity but let indie devs get paid - will be back tomorrow with a third deal. And it might be the best of the bunch.

Teaming up with developers Frozenbyte, anyone purchasing the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle will get a copy of 2D platformer Trine, Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor. They'll also get access to two Frozenbyte "projects", one of them being the source code to an unfinished game called Jack Claw, the other a preorder for an upcoming Froeznbyte game called Splot.

The whole point of these bundles is that users pay what they want. If you want to pay $5 for all that, with proceeds split between the developers, Child's Play charity and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, you can. If you want to pay $50 (what the three games are actually worth collectively), you can do that too. Or $500. Whatever.

Trine is worth good money on its own. Trine and all that other stuff? It's worth better money.

The bundle is available for PC, Mac and Linux. All games included ship with absolutely no DRM, but can also be unlocked on Steam, if that's your thing, or Desura, if that's your thing.

The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle will be available (look at link) from 0930 PST, April 12.

Basically, like last the last two times, you pay what you think the games are worth and the proceeds go to your choice of charity/dev's/or both.

Great stuff imo.

And here is the link:
http://www.humblebundle.com/
http://kotaku.com/#!5791097/this-mig...argain-of-2011
Paid a penny :<, I'm why we can't have nice things.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
yaya.

paid $50 (fuckyeah AUD exchange rate, only had to pay $49 )

Yay I didn't have any of those games. Last time I ended up with a third copy of Osmos and doubles of some otheres @_@
Last edited by Gorman; Apr 13, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
As an incentive to promote the Third Humble Bundle, I'll share my Bundle #2 link which also has all of Bundle #1's games.
-snip-
Enjoy.

Fish Moderated Message:
Warned: Not on these forums. Thanks.
Last edited by Fish; Apr 15, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
Originally Posted by ThuyDez View Post
As an incentive to promote the Third Humble Bundle, I'll share my Bundle #2 link which also has all of Bundle #1's games.
-snip-
Enjoy.

Way to support piracy, .
Last edited by Fish; Apr 15, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Clow View Post
Wolfire has a good post about their views on piracy.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Anot...of-game-piracy

Very good read.

I don't honestly care, this just isn't the forum to post that in. Funny thing is, I'm more likely to torrent a game that DOES use DRM, than one that doesn't, so joke's on them.
DesertPunk

Please click this
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
I don't honestly care, this just isn't the forum to post that in. Funny thing is, I'm more likely to torrent a game that DOES use DRM, than one that doesn't, so joke's on them.

He didn't say anything about whether people pirate DRM-Free/DRM more, he said that they both report the same piracy rates.

The whole thing is about how much companies actually lose to it.
Originally Posted by Clow View Post
He didn't say anything about whether people pirate DRM-Free/DRM more, he said that they both report the same piracy rates.

The whole thing is about how much companies actually lose to it.

I know, I was just commenting what I thought about piracy and DRM. I did read the article, too, and it was good. More devs should share those views. What is your point, though? Or are you just randomly commenting on piracy?
DesertPunk

Please click this