Toribash
Original Post
Shogun 2 Total War

So Shogun 2 is out for like a week now (15th March), since I've been waiting for someone to make a thread about it.
I've actually played only one TW game, Rome and was thrilled about it, not really sure why haven't I tried Medieval and Empire.
Shogun 2 looked like something that would interest me and something I would enjoy as much as I did Rome so I got it.
I only got the Standard Edition, but what I rly wanted was the "Collector's Edition where apart of the game play additions u get a bamboo chess set. Sexy and not available in my country.
Well the standard edition looks like it can be fun too and I am rly not playing that much chess now.
The game is pretty much praised by reviewers and the score on Metacritic is 90%
I just started it, so nothing rly much to say about it, looks like a normal total war, only after 100 turns and 30 battles I will give my final say. So expect some edits in the future.

here are some links:
official site
wiki
metacritic
PC gamer
gametrailers

screens

my current development:

anyone enjoying it?
comments?
Last edited by missuse; Apr 1, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
wishful eyes deceive me
I see you finally got the game

Well the game worked just right until I was Shogun and suddenly every other clan ( yes all) turned against me and my only ally. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, but it is getting interesting now.

One thing I do see missing here is having more options in the diplomatic section. And the diplomatic AI needs to be slightly improved.
I have a hard time believing that horses ride in ranks, but hey, the game looks amazing and brings me some nostalgia from some similar games of which I may have forgotten the name. Need to test.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Huge improvment! I love all the little add ons here and there. Improved diplomacy screen, the battles are back, no more boring stand and shoot like in Empire or Napoleon. Much better AI that actually knows how to land fleets using boats.

It looks amazing, I am in love, with a game.
Dirt dosen't need luck
i played all rome total war and medieval 2 total war when i tryed the demo of shogun 2 i was like "OWWW what tha ... Awesome"
this game rules
Only one thing to write :
.:Grim Reapers:.
I loved the original shogun tw and still have the discs. I have yet to try this butit looks cool
Hoss.
after 20 turns shogun 2 made me super hooked.
i am playing at normal difficulty (short campaign) and with the chococabe (or something like that) clan (the bow clan - first one from selection). So far all was a piece of cake. Next try will be medium campaign, harder difficulty and harder clan
I was a bit thrilled how the game works, with vassals, weddings, hostages, trade centers.
From what I remember Rome was more army oriented (maybe I was just yunge and focused more on battles) this one is more economically, I like that. And I like the skill trees for clan, generals, ninjas, super cool.
Up to 20 turn, I have one trade center, one vassal ( the myoshi) and four provinces, One general that I am developing, making mostly samurai bow, will focus later on cavalry probably.
The real time battle mode is the most boring for me here (the AI, at least on normal, makes some serous mistakes), but still nice, the strategic part kicks ass.
wishful eyes deceive me
Gorman playing campaign:
Turn 3: Oh look an army, I'll attack it
> Army is 3 times as strong as mine
> Flee
> Enemy army attacks and my army destroyed
fuckthisshit

Going to try it again, this time with less random assaults and more actually playing properly >_>

Soooo many buttons and menus in this game...
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Gorman playing campaign:
Turn 3: Oh look an army, I'll attack it
> Army is 3 times as strong as mine
> Flee
> Enemy army attacks and my army destroyed
fuckthisshit

Going to try it again, this time with less random assaults and more actually playing properly >_>

Soooo many buttons and menus in this game...

lol
many buttons but I think its arranged pretty nice.
Who did u pick, difficulty?
Play the tut campaign a bit, if u haven't played TWs before.
wishful eyes deceive me