Toribash
View Poll Results: Do You Use Cheats And Walkthroughs?
Yes. I'm a n00b.
9 Votes / 9.18%
No. I'm 1337.
34 Votes / 34.69%
I use walkthroughs but not cheats.
12 Votes / 12.24%
I use cheats but not walkthroughs.
5 Votes / 5.10%
I use cheats when I've finished the game and want to make it more fun.
48 Votes / 48.98%
I use cheats to get past really hard spots which I can't pass.
9 Votes / 9.18%
I use walkthroughs to get past really hard spots which I can't pass.
35 Votes / 35.71%
I use cheats and walkthroughs to get past really hard spots which I can't pass.
13 Votes / 13.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Using Cheats In Games
Supsup,
Time for a bit of discussion.
Do you use cheats in games?
Do you use walkthroughs in games?
What are your opinions on cheats and walkthroughs and when do you think is the ideal point int time (if any) to use them.

The poll is anonymous and allows voting for various options so vote for the ones which best describe your use of cheats and walkthroughs.
Last edited by Solax; Oct 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM.
Cheats are for losers and for those who don't like playing things normally.
Walkthroughs are nice, they help people if they don't what to do.
At least in walkthroughs, you play the game with a book helping you, not like cheats, where you can go firin' your lazors.
Cheats are mostly for the people without patience. However, there are some exceptions for me, for example i most often played GTA with cheats just for the lolz. But i think everybody cheats at GTA ^^
i admit i used few walktrought in god of war,because it was getting too hard.
I use cheats only if i have the game completed.
I use them for fun,since the game is completed.
And about walktrough's...i don't find them as anything bad.
WON THORN'S TOURNEY
Cheats are pointless
They remove the point of the game like challenge and difficulty
I buy games for fun and challenge so I dont use cheats

Walkthroughs are good they help you get past through levels
but some walkthroughs are not really good since they show you what exact thing to do on how to finish.
reasonably happy | if gamer grill inbx me | Nightin: hack THIS *unzips dick*
until next time
I use cheats only if I have beaten the game at least once and there's something new in them.
Like in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, you could use a glitch which allowed you to move the enemy units for one turn... And you could trade their weapons with the allied units.
it was fun to have the spells of the scourge that are impossible to get normally.

I use walkthroughs only if
1) there's a situation which has taken me way too long to figure out. "Too long" can vary from 10 minutes of doing the same thing and always failing + not being able to figure out anything else to hours of trying different things and always failing.
2) there are collectables/unlockables. Well, I tend to try to find them on my first and possibly second playthrough if I didn't know about them but I'm not really eager to play the game again and again just to find some tiny pebble in the middle of a war zone. Like in the Uncharted series.
Obviously if the extra stuff are fun to collect then I won't use walkthroughs until I've tried everything I can think off. Like Iji.

EDIT: also everyone who says people using cheats are 0mg terripel... They use cheats and they enjoy the game. What's the problem? No fun allowed? "No items, no weapons, Fox only, Final Destination"?
Last edited by Tonakai; Oct 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Mostly I only use cheats for fun. The GTA series is great for this.
Other than that, I usually only use cheats after I've finished the game first.

And I only go to walkthroughs if I can't figure out how to do a certain part of the game or find a certain collectable etc.
Good examples for this are the Metal Gear series and Morrowind/Oblivion.