Toribash
Original Post
LSD: Dream Emulator

LSD: Dream Emulator is a video game released in Japan in 1998 for the Sony PlayStation video game console and is one of three products (the others being a music CD and a book) based on a diary of dreams that a staff member at Asmik Ace Entertainment had been keeping for a decade. It has a small cult following and is recognized as being genuinely disturbing at times.

GAMEPLAY

In this game, the player simply navigates a dream world. There is no action or experience points, nor is there any clear goal. The idea is simply to walk around and enjoy things in a dream environment. There are many bizarre environments in this world, and one way to travel through them is by foot. However, if you bump into walls or other objects in the game, you will be instantaneously transported to another environment, the system of which is called "linking". Bumping into people, animals, or special objects usually gives a stranger dream.

Each dream can last up to 10 minutes, after which the player will 'wake up', when the screen turns black and the player is sent back to the game's initial menu. However, if the player falls off a cliff in the dream, then the player may wake up immediately. There is a graph that appears at the end of each dream that keeps track of the player's state of mind; the states are Upper, Downer, Static and Dynamic, as referring to the environments and the general feel of the dream the player just went through. Past states may have effects on later dreams.

While the player walks through an environment, the surroundings may suddenly change. For example, eyes may suddenly appear on the walls and stare at the player. Even if the player visits the same place twice, it may look quite different- sometimes the textures of walls will change to subtely different versions or new items will appear for the player to encounter. One may also encounter strange creatures while roaming around, including a celestial nymph flying through the air, a wild horse running through the prairie, or a huge man filling up an entire room.

The game is set in a first-person environment. The player may use the LEFT and RIGHT directional buttons to look and change direction, the UP and DOWN buttons to initiate or reverse movement and the shoulder buttons to strafe left or right. The player may also hold the X button while moving to run, the SQUARE button to look down and the TRIANGLE button to look up.

The number of "days" are kept track of. As the player progresses, the pattern on walls and the form of the player may transmute. Occasionally the player may come across a man in a suit and hat. He is possibly the only thing resembling an antagonist, and he erases the memory of the dream.

Presently, the game is difficult to procure, and it sells for high prices at some Japanese auction sites.

Moonshake Moderated Message:
11/28/2014: closed because someone bumped this thread
Last edited by Moonshake; Nov 29, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
There's a ROM on -snip-. That's how I play.
Last edited by Pirate_old; Oct 12, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
Originally Posted by Take-Out_Ninja View Post
There's a ROM on -snip-. That's how I play.

This game looks like it could be quite fun.
Do you mind telling me how i can get this game aswell?
Last edited by Pirate_old; Oct 12, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
Originally Posted by Take-Out_Ninja View Post
There's a ROM on -site-. That's how I play.

I would also like the link.

I'm pretty sure that isn't a pirate site.. if it is (assuming you see this) please remove the name of the site, like I did.
Before I post the link, is downloading ROMs for emulation considered illegal?
This looks seriously interesting. I'd really like to see it.

And yes, it is against the rules to distribute illegal warez, ROMs, and all that on the forums openly.
Back in my day...
Ohhhh.

Then sorry guys D:
Also, you could check out it's Wikipage if you want more info on it. I wrote it myself