Ranking
Original Post
Drawing question
How do you draw.....
Straight, but like where you draw up and down and it doesn't look messy?
mindless machine
Depends on what program youre using. If you are using GIMP, use paths to make smooth lines or try using a guide. But if you use a guide, you can only draw a straight line horizontal and/or vertical.
If you want to know a great program for drawing with mouse I would go with adobe flash, got a built in smoothener.
'u'
Have no ideea what software you're using but in Photoshop/Gimp you can draw straight lines by keeping the Shift key pressed and clicking between 2 points.
straight lines?
line tool
what straight lines
LINE TOOL
I think many artists do it via pencil and ruler. Or maybe the line tool. Line tool makes lines too, and they're pretty cool. Holding shift usually locks the lines to at least the four cardinal directions, and often also the four diagonals.

line tool
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
If you're are trying to draw straight lines with a mouse, then it's best to do as nogood said and use click+shift+click. Other wise it's nearly impossible for someone to draw a straight line with a mouse.

If you're using a tablet however, drawing using your whole arm (elbow and shoulder) and locking your wrist will help you gain more control over your stylus and thus creating a nice wide range over your canvas, making it easier to make straight line strokes.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
use a good graphic program and study its tools before anything,
use hotkeys, guides.

You can do everything in pixels with mouse or tablet,
just think what you need.