Ranking
Original Post
Braces
I just got braces and my teeth are extremely sore. What can I eat that will not annoy my teeth? Is it normal for my moler brace to start rubbing against my cheeks and my tongue?
its totally normal i used to get my cheeks cutted because it got stuc
Just try to eet like very soft things
or drink milkshakes
Originally Posted by 50k View Post
I just got braces and my teeth are extremely sore. What can I eat that will not annoy my teeth? Is it normal for my moler brace to start rubbing against my cheeks and my tongue?

I have no clue about if it's normal for that to happen. But for foods, I can help.

If you want some fruit: eat very fine applesauce (It's more like drinking it).
Protein and fiber: Very soft beans. Kidney beans, chic peas(Garbanzo Beans), more like that. They shouldn't annoy you, could be wrong.

My personal favorite would be mashed potatoes with gravy.

Not trying to sound like Capitan Obvious here, but any foods that involves minimal to no chewing. Also foods that you can just push trough your teeth with your tongue.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

If you eat hard things your gonna have a bad time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<~[i]Assazin> I'm 12 years old
<~[i]Assazin> My butt is underdeveloped
<~[i]Assazin> ok ok
<~[i]Assazin> I'm actually 9
<Click>Patrickooo Acting His Age<Click>
At first everything is going to hurt even jello. But try and eat soft stuff so it hurts less. Yes at first your cheeks are going to rub into your braces but it will stop
#1 Student in the School of Orkology
Orko|Rob9722|Festus|MRootz|UNDEAD21|Deadlybash|Kun amikaii|
Ramen Noodles always do the trick. Also, your orthodontist should've given you some wax. You put it on sharp edges to keep it from irritating your tongue and cheek.
inq.
I got my wisdom teeth out recently and I had braces. I know your pain.

It takes about a week with braces before it stops hurting. As for food I would suggest, scrambled eggs (small enough so you can swallow them without chewing), and yogurt. Another option is bread. Rip it into small peaces with your hand, don't tear it with your teeth.
Also, ice cream relieves the pain a little. Personal advice from my dentist(s) back when i had braces. :U
As for food, soup is also viable, along with the other suggestions. And yeah, some rubbing can be expected, it's pretty annoying. You'll get used to it eventually, but to begin with, some wax should fix your problems, as sham said. If it gets problematic, you could possibly have your dentist look at it, since it might be an improperly trimmed wire. I know i had an improperly trimmed wire in my gob for a while. Shit stings, y'know?
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol