Toribash
Original Post
Gay=Stupid?
When did people decide that the word "Gay" also means stupid
I understand alot of religions look down on "gays" and there are people that just think its gross or whatever but When did it become an insult to just use Gay instead of stupid?

I personally damn near hate it when people use the term but I also find myself to be hypocritical whenever I always say I'm against using it as an insult,It's the first thing that comes to mind,And I don't know why.
I guess thats how overused it is
I am by spatula is my nose my prized bear spaghetti
~Odlov
I agree that it's constantly tossed around now. I'm guessing it's just a new slang thing that somebody created because they were pissed at gays and now everything that we don't like is apparently "gay".
[r]aid
Its like when us black folks call each other niggas (please note that the word is nigga and NOT nigger) Gay has just turned into one of those kinds of things.

Hey watch that South Park Episode called "The F Word" and you will see what I mean
Im a squirrel and I'm so awesome that my friend bought me Toriprime.
Well, look at most insults, they hardly make any sense besides the really literal ones, it just slowly became to be one, I hate it when I use it, but frankly I can't find a better word to use.

inb4I mention something about Shakespearian insults being amazing
My mom hates it when my dad or I use gay as another word for stupid, because all it means is that you like someone of your own sex.
Most people start using the word "gay" as an insult when they are younger, about the age they start to understand sexuality and that they are 'mean't' to be with girls. At this time in your life the idea of someone being gay is confusing and being far less mature, it becomes something to look down upon or be ashamed of.

I think it's just a force of habit from when we were younger, I mean if it was introduced to me nowadays as an insult I wouldn't even pick up on it.
People stop using "gay" as an insult when they develop maturity beyond that of a middleschooler. Some never get there.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
People stop using "gay" as an insult when they develop maturity beyond that of a middleschooler. Some never get there.

That is not true at all,Everyone on campus says gay as insult all the time,and I'm fairly sure they're more mature than a middle schooler
Last edited by Dread; Jan 22, 2010 at 04:04 AM.
I am by spatula is my nose my prized bear spaghetti
~Odlov
ya. people use the word gay as the word stupid these days. but people dont realize that the people who really are born gay are really offended.
BAD LUCK