Ranking
Original Post
Urgent need to complain
Not sure if i should post this here, or at all for that matter, but i need to get it of my chest somehow.

Me and my girlfriend have been living together for about a year and a half now, i moved to her town and i'm currently residing with her and her two kids.
I have a daughter on my own too, she leaves close to my hometown, about 600 kilometers from here.

At first, after i moved up things were great, and i mainly mean my contact with my daughter. Things were moving along at a fair pace until about 6 months ago when i, due to the economic crisis, lost my job. My personal finances went downhill, at first it wasn't too bad but the angle of decline got steeper and steeper until now, my financial situation is close to beyond repair. This has lead me to take the decission to move back to my hometown, where i know i can get a job, the problem is i don't have an apartment there, so i'm forced to move to my mums place, which means my girlfriend and her kids can't move with me. (my mum and my gf don't really draw even).

Since my gf don't want a long distance relationship, and well, i don't want that either, she said it's best if we break up. And IT F***IN SUCKS! I love her, She loves me. And we're breaking up cuz of money?! WTF is up with that shit?

Well, i haven't seen my daughter more than 4 times the last year, so getting my economy in order is something i have to do. I'm done neglecting my daughters wants and needs for my own, personal wants.

I got a lump in my throat the size of Mount Everest right now. I just want to close my eyes and when i open them everything is fixed, but that wont happen.

I don't want to lose my gf over some shitty economics but i don't want to be without my daughter either.

I feel like shit right now.

My mums coming tomorrow to pick me and my stuff up. It's a 600km drive back to my hometown after she arrives, that's about 5-6 hours on the road.

I've got half a mind to pick up the phone and ring up my mum to tell her not to come and just let everything fall apart, cuz then i can atleast be with my gf.

And i got half a mind to just leave and try to sort things out while having the possibility to see my daughter.

But i can't make up my mind. It's just to emotional.
> Old-schooler <
First of all coming here for advice isn't smart. Second of all there is nothing we can tell you won't have mulled over in your head already. There isn't an easy solution neither is there a way out. Both options require compromise, all I can do is reinstate that which you have already said the choice comes down to you.

I can wish you good luck and I really hope you sort this out. I can also add a note for anyone posting here, any piss take replies and attempts at trolling and I'll make sure you're dealt with.
You're probably right, this might not be the best forum for personal issues. I just needed to get it of my chest.

Regardless what i do it's gonna suck, and i hate hurting others, but i'm in a situation where i have to end up hurting someone.

My mind is already made up. Cuz at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water, and my daughter will always be my daughter. But my girlfriend might not always be my girlfriend.

So i'm moving. And i'm hoping that things work out well and that we can still be together after everything is blown over. Even though that hope is very slim according to her.
> Old-schooler <
Man, i wish i could help you... i've been through a lot in my life, so i can give you some advice that has helped me: sometimes life can be cruel, sometimes life can just be sadistic, but when worst comes to worst, just think... what can i do right now... don't think about the past or future, just today, right now... i hope that helps

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Thanks, i appreciate the advise, i really do. I'm gonna try to do that. Cuz the future is what scares me the most.
> Old-schooler <
Originally Posted by Optical View Post
You're probably right, this might not be the best forum for personal issues. I just needed to get it of my chest.

Regardless what i do it's gonna suck, and i hate hurting others, but i'm in a situation where i have to end up hurting someone.

My mind is already made up. Cuz at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water, and my daughter will always be my daughter. But my girlfriend might not always be my girlfriend.

So i'm moving. And i'm hoping that things work out well and that we can still be together after everything is blown over. Even though that hope is very slim according to her.

Try to keep up with her nontheless, and if you ever do get stable again, move back with her. you know? see her once in awhile and keep in touch.
Hope it all works out man.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Thank you for the support. I really don't feel well right now, my body's complaining like mad right now, my stomach is hurting and i've been close to throwing up a few times. it's about 3 hours until my mum arrives and i really feel like i should just call her and ask her to turn back.

Edit, 1137 local time: Here i am, packing up the last few pieces of my life, soon it's just the computer left. At this point i just feel empty. I flinsh everytime i hear a car, wondering if it's my mum. I don't want this anymore. I just want happiness again.
Last edited by Optical; Apr 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
> Old-schooler <
I'd say just talk with your girlfreind tell her what you feel, and try to get some financial stability so you can get back going...
Co-Leader of [Jungle](Goddamnit we died)