Toribash
Original Post
Tips on getting booms/ madmans?
I've started doing single player replays and I was just wondering.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
Momentum (Time) and Precision (Destruction) mostly.

Try to set frames to (1-10) depending how cool you want them to look. Also, you can punch when you launch or grab to bring the other hand forward or use the legs to strike, you choose.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Here is your replay thread.
•Right click to copy URL
Irrita's Sparring Replays

Click here to add to your signature
•Paste it
•Save signature

You welcome :)
Last edited by Neru; Nov 18, 2013 at 03:16 AM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Zomfire: I'm not quite sure, I was asking for tips, not really a tut.

Pow: Thanks.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
I use one good tactic when i'm making replays i'm pressing E to edit it, it always help if you fail your move
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
relax your ankle and aim.

I've noted that holding actually makes it stronger.

Originally Posted by Yoki View Post
I've noted that holding actually makes it stronger.

Relaxing increases chances of ghosting iirc which would increase destruction.

Ankle position at the time of contact is a major factor and is unique to the situation, there's no real substance to saying "one is better than the other".
It's entirely situational.
All I can suggest is trying different combinations on the lead up to the hit.
You need to make sure you hit a "join cluster" if you're going for a multiple dm hit (boom, in the traditional sense).
Ankle position is mainly about the area of impact, but your whole body needs to be behind a hit in order for it to be powerful enough to break multiple joints.
For punches, it's a bit harder imo because there's always the potential of your wrist just breaking on impact.
Larfen's good at punches, may be worth catching him.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Relaxing increases chances of ghosting iirc which would increase destruction.

Ankle position at the time of contact is a major factor and is unique to the situation, there's no real substance to saying "one is better than the other".
It's entirely situational.
All I can suggest is trying different combinations on the lead up to the hit.
You need to make sure you hit a "join cluster" if you're going for a multiple dm hit (boom, in the traditional sense).
Ankle position is mainly about the area of impact, but your whole body needs to be behind a hit in order for it to be powerful enough to break multiple joints.
For punches, it's a bit harder imo because there's always the potential of your wrist just breaking on impact.
Larfen's good at punches, may be worth catching him.

the thing about the ankle is that you want it to be as close as possible to the joint without actually hitting it. the next frame your whole foot will be inside uke due to weird butt toribash physics.

edit: and holding the ankle does do the trick sometimes, but the 2 reasons are incredibly wierd. one, when the ankle is held, the foot will more than often bounce off the joint and for some reason still keep a surprising amount of speed and the next frame it's inside uke. two, the foot will penetrate uke but even if it's inside uke, it will not register the impact and go one frame further into him, which is even stranger. i'll post examples if i can find them.
Last edited by pusga; Nov 18, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
oh yeah