Toribash
Original Post
shaders
hi, I have a problem to activate the shaders, I click on the box in the options for put on the shaders, and don't happen anything, I go again to the options and I see the box of the shaders deactivated, maybe I don't have much RAM or a stronger video screen
2010simoDK, the legend is back
Italians do it better
Your graphics card doesn't support shaders. Your best bet is to buy a better graphics card which supports pixel shading.

Are you a psychic and know what type of card he has?
Last edited by marcus; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Allow me to expand on what Davidof said...

You may be able to use shaders if you simply update your graphics card to its most recent release. (Depends on if it can even handle shaders though)

You may also try updating Toribash if you find yourself with an older out-of-date version. (Although this most likely is not the case)

Check the support board FAQ for a guide on updating your card and all that splazzy stuff.

Listen to suo. He knows best.
Last edited by marcus; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
[spirit]
You didn't do much better than that Hero guy you yelled at, you know.

You don't "update your graphics card", you "update your drivers".

"Updating your graphics card" would be going out and buying a new one.

Add on top of that that, surprisingly enough, Hero is probably right. You do not generally get to tack on new shader model features just by updating drivers. Especially in the context of Toribash. Any card that can support TB's shaders could probably support it with drivers from 5 years ago. This isn't top of the line stuff, it's not "just recently" getting added in. If you can't use it already, drivers 99% of the time won't help.

The "how do I update drivers and find out if my graphics card will even work" thread.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!