Toribash
Original Post
In what way does one distribute textures?
Hello, I am trying to start making textures and selling them on the art/textures forum. In what way is one to transfer the texture and the tc?
The way I see it, the purchaser sends you TC with the "Transfer Toricredits" thing, but how do you send them the texture? Through pm with a link to a filesharing website or something?
the best way and the most used way is;
if it's a single texture, e.g head texture, go onto imgur and upload the image there, then you can simply send the link of the head to them via PM.
if it's a set, put the textures in a zip folder and upload it onto a site such as mediafire, then when it gives you the download link, simply copy and paste this into a PM that is sent to the customer.

thats pretty much it.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
the best way and the most used way is;
if it's a single texture, e.g head texture, go onto imgur and upload the image there, then you can simply send the link of the head to them via PM.
if it's a set, put the textures in a zip folder and upload it onto a site such as mediafire, then when it gives you the download link, simply copy and paste this into a PM that is sent to the customer.

thats pretty much it.

I don't recommend imgur because the quality will drop and often their website crashes from too much traffic, so it's better to use something like dropbox which will host at full quality and is reliable.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff