Toribash
Original Post
Can you get white with joint textures?
I need to somehow get white textures with joints, without buying all of them, I want to know if this is possible, I'm sure it's not since white = transparent, would be nice transparent = transparent instead.
|Evil|
I don't exist
White isn't transparent, transparent is transparent.

Textures are encoded into the .tga format which supports red, green, blue and alpha channels (RGBA). The alpha channel is where transparency is encoded.

If you want to have transparent textures (which are legal, I used them for years and years over 5 years) then you need to make a texture using a program like Photoshop or GIMP (mspaint can't do it) and make it completely transparent.

To answer your question though, yes you can have white textures.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
White isn't transparent, transparent is transparent.

Textures are encoded into the .tga format which supports red, green, blue and alpha channels (RGBA). The alpha channel is where transparency is encoded.

If you want to have transparent textures (which are legal, I used them for years and years over 5 years) then you need to make a texture using a program like Photoshop or GIMP (mspaint can't do it) and make it completely transparent.

To answer your question though, yes you can have white textures.

How so? I have elf, But on my joints, i want them to appear white without the white area appearing elf instead,
|Evil|
I don't exist
you cant half half white force-half elf force. to get elf and white on the same joint, you would have to buy the joint textures.

also regarding the transparency, the body part has to be defined. Clearly defined. you can have a single dot, for example.

Originally Posted by Gunkman04 View Post
you cant half half white force-half elf force. to get elf and white on the same joint, you would have to buy the joint textures.

also regarding the transparency, the body part has to be defined. Clearly defined. you can have a single dot, for example.

I already have some joint textures, Just want to know if it was possible to lay white over another colored texture that isn't pure or default to show up as white.
|Evil|
I don't exist
from my experience, white on joint textures doesn't color the joint white, rather it shows
the force/lax color
so I would guess if you wanted it elf/white, you should go pure force, and elf texture
Last edited by ghoul; Apr 29, 2015 at 12:26 AM.
There are people who ruin the atmosphere just by existing, you know.
Originally Posted by ghoul View Post
from my experience, white on joint textures does color the joint white, rather it shows
the force/lax color
so I would guess if you wanted it elf/white, you should go pure force, and elf texture

That's what I was afraid of, Well, I guess I'll have to get full joints now,
|Evil|
I don't exist
i made a typo up there "doesn't* color the joint white"
There are people who ruin the atmosphere just by existing, you know.
Originally Posted by ghoul View Post
i made a typo up there "doesn't* color the joint white"

Understood it anyways.
|Evil|
I don't exist