Toribash
Original Post
TacCom's Judo Dojo (Replays)
I enjoy trying to do various Judo throws in TB. While it's not all about doing massive damage since the ground doesn't hurt it's neat to watch someone fly on -30 grav.

I'll be updating various throws as I perfect them.

Tomoe Nage (Circle Throw): This technique is where you almost fall backwards and as you roll back you use your leg to hold them up and kick them over using thier momentum to send them flying. The more momentum generated, the farther they fly.

Tomoe Nage V.10.rpl

This 2 foot Tomoe Nage is done on -30 grav just to give you an idea how much power is generated with the throw.

Tomoe Nage (Circle Throw)/Tawara Gaeshi (Rice Bale Counter): These are fairly similar techniques in that you both fall back with Uke facing towards you. But in this case for Tawara Gaeshi they have to be holding you around your body, much like a tackle. From there you fall back and use thier momentum to lift them over. This replay uses the kicking action of the Tomoe Nage as extra lift.

Tomoe-Tackle counter.rpl

Also done with -30 grav. These throws are hard to do on lighter gravity settings since it requires mostly momentum from the falling and having less gravity makes it difficult. Too much though and you can't toss them over.

Shovel isn't unbeatable :P: In this replay I shovel my friend but careful shifting of his weight not only saved him but sent me right over. While I'm not a pro at shovels the theory is still the same

Judo Fight.rpl

This is also using the new mod we made called Small Ring Fight. This mod emphisises throws. Give it a shot

Uki Otoshi (floating drop): This replay was also done in Small Ring Fight. This throw is somewhat of an Uki Otoshi in that you rotate thier centre of gravity by lowering the leading arm and raising the trailing arm. This not only extends thier centre of gravity past thier feet, but if you continue it you can flip them right over. Here thier head just planted into the ground :P

upandout.rpl

Nice clean Bridge: This throw is somewhat of an improvised Uki Waza (floating technique) where you use you're weight to pull them down and towards you, you use your leg to prevent them from stepping forward, and you slightly lift them over you (although they mostly float over you). The only differance is I typically bridge after to secure a more stable position and make it harder to escape from hitting the ground.

Nice clean Bridge.rpl

Faceplant!: This replay is more a demonstration of a key aspect of small ring fight. After the openers we both went to the ground to try and secure a low position to make ourselves harder to move and to move our opponants. While it's hard to move someone who is low, the fight still isn't over. Careful application of muscles (sometimes you don't have to move a whole lot) and good timing can lead to some dynamic results as shown here. Anyone who has played SRF on my server knows it's not so easy to move someone in that state. But the key error my opponant made was he kicked up into the air making him easier to move.

Faceplant.rpl

Uchi Mata (Inner Thigh Throw): This throw is rather tricky to get right. First you must have a grip on one arm and one on the upper torso. Using the pull from the arm grip and a rotational push from the chest grip, you begin to throw them over your body. As thier balance breaks, you then use your leg as a lever to give added force to the throw. In real life they wouldn't go right over you but toribash is special like that :P

Uchi Mata!.rpl
Last edited by TacCom; Nov 20, 2009 at 12:37 PM.
I'd like to see you perfect some attacks (like real life attacks) because these throws are well executed I wonder how well you'd handle mimicking a real attack
/set gr 0 0 -30
I can certainly try. What would you like to see? A throw in responce to an attack thrown by Uke or try to mimic some of the other throws, probally standing? I'm already working on trying a standing throw but getting the bodily rotation without being able to rotate the feet proves to be tricky :P

I'll get it eventually though. I'm experimenting with chest and arm motions to pull into the rotation and also set Uke off balance for the throw.

And just to note, the Tomoe Nage is an acual throw used in Judo, one of the more effective ones. It's especially good for if the opponant is moving towards you and if you don't know how to land properly it can cause some serious damage. The only reason Uke doesn't break his bones is because the ground doesn't hit back ;)
Last edited by TacCom; Mar 2, 2009 at 12:56 AM.
I dunno what exact attack.. of course there's a lot of possibility in this game so anything's worth attempting imo.. I'm not saying the throw is bad but rather it was so well executed in 0 0 -30 grav I'd like to see you make attacks..... it doesn't have to be too technical.. just do what you feel like.
/set gr 0 0 -30
New replay.

I'll try to have Uke attack but I'm not very good at striking. I'll get to it eventually but for now it's probally better to master the throws before learning how to use them against a resisting opponant :P Maybe you can help me with some basic strikes and I can try to adapt various throws to them. But for now time to experiment with 180 degree hip rotation for throws
Last edited by TacCom; Mar 4, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
It's quite hard to decap in our mod actually.. I'm surprised I got a head decap yesterday, which, unfortunately saved as 2 relaxed fighters falling to the dojo floor... oh well; at least I saved the neck fracture one which is still nice considering the fracture threshold is 200. Sometimes attacking is very beneficial though really, fracturing peoples joints can really mess up their game.

I meant though, I'd like to see you try to mimic one of your favourite attacks instead of a throw because you executed the Tomoe Nage in sambo grav very well.. I'd just like to see an attack mimic from you cause it would look awesome probably.
/set gr 0 0 -30
That's true. Decaps and fractures are rather tough but I've found I've gotten into favourable positions long before those become a factor. Then again I only use my opener just to gain position then try any sort of attack or push :P

And what do you mean by attack? You want me to do my favourite like punch or kick? Unfortunately my favourate attacks ARE throws so I don't know quite what you're asking.

Also a couple new replays from MP small ring fight. As more become available I'll post them
Hello TacCom, welcome back to the Toribash Community. While you were away, some official rules were introduced in this sub-forum. Any new multiplayer replays go in the multiplayer replays sub-forum. I can move this thread over there if you like, or you can make a new one there, your choice.