Toribash
Original Post
Return of the JV
-after a few months of..other stuff.
I realize I have a compulsion to kick.
A lot.
Like the amount of replays I am uploading *just for YOU!! WOW!! You'd think maybe everyone who watched someone's replay should click on their name@toribash link for 30 TC or something..XP*

I'd actually intended to upload more but..well..there's a limit T_T

Well, to the replays, then! (on a side note, I am greatly inspired by Chezda.)

EDIT:
Heh. I couldn't resist uploading the final 3..
Pinpoint DM
Sideswipe
Voodoo Instruments

Enjoy!
Attached Files
a-jv a li'l rusty...rpl (79.5 KB, 21 views)
a-jv breakdown.rpl (188.0 KB, 14 views)
a-jv carefree.rpl (317.1 KB, 12 views)
a-jv cripple.rpl (101.2 KB, 12 views)
a-jv decap.rpl (367.5 KB, 9 views)
a-jv epic_trap.rpl (41.0 KB, 10 views)
a-jv epic.rpl (101.7 KB, 9 views)
a-jv kungfu.rpl (139.1 KB, 21 views)
a-jv midair foothammer.rpl (81.9 KB, 12 views)
a-jv momentum kick.rpl (98.7 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by joonveen; Jul 28, 2008 at 05:06 PM.
a lil rusty, cripple, decap, and epic_trap were boring.

all the others were sweet. midair_foothammer was a bit slow while you were kicking. momentum_kick and kung_fu were fricken sweet.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
well, It's not too old, so I think I can comment it.

first of all, I see why you didn't get comments: there are too many replays in one post! put like 2-5 in one post so people don't get bored watching (or rather, loading and clicking) them, and can comment each one. now that this is bumped, I'd seriously recommend you to move half of the replays to the next post.

also, I can't watch the hosted ones for some reason... it wants to open them with notepad, and I can't find "toribash.replay" anywhere...

but, on to the comments:

I can't seem to keep an even line with /10 scores, so I'll rate verbally

a lil' rusty: indeed, a little rusty, the best way to suck the style out of most headpunches is grabbing. still OK, but doesn't stand out of the crowd.
breakdown: a smexy shatterhit/clutterhit (just coined the term, will use for almost-instantaneous dm's). great work
carefree: A so-so fixed armkick. better than posting it as it was, but IMHO, if you can only take one arm off within the first 100 frames, it doesn't need to be posted... how about a disarmer shatterhit?
cripple: this is exactly what could fix carefree above: a quick and brootal no-legs-for-U combo (of course for carefree you'd take the arms)
decap: this, too, is sort of destroyed by the grab IMHO... sorry
epic trap: may appeal to some, but usually I like flowing replays.
epic: not exactly epic, but still great. I couldn't resist putting an elbow hit in this, and once I did, I couldn't resist making it a madman. enjoy.
kungfu: Again, wouldn't call this Kung Fu, but it is some cool relaxed ass-kicking
momentum kick: one of the few ways to escape the grab's superpower to ruin a replay that I explained above is to use it to create this extent of carnage. it's like uke was charged with carefully placed cherry bombs for the second kick.
Attached Files
2 jv epic madman edit.rpl (290.9 KB, 11 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
They are .... umm I dont know how I should rate them =P probably as everyone
RelaxAll was life. Feels bad to be an oldie.
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
well, It's not too old, so I think I can comment it.

first of all, I see why you didn't get comments: there are too many replays in one post! put like 2-5 in one post so people don't get bored watching (or rather, loading and clicking) them, and can comment each one. now that this is bumped, I'd seriously recommend you to move half of the replays to the next post.

also, I can't watch the hosted ones for some reason... it wants to open them with notepad, and I can't find "toribash.replay" anywhere...

but, on to the comments:

I can't seem to keep an even line with /10 scores, so I'll rate verbally

a lil' rusty: indeed, a little rusty, the best way to suck the style out of most headpunches is grabbing. still OK, but doesn't stand out of the crowd.
breakdown: a smexy shatterhit/clutterhit (just coined the term, will use for almost-instantaneous dm's). great work
carefree: A so-so fixed armkick. better than posting it as it was, but IMHO, if you can only take one arm off within the first 100 frames, it doesn't need to be posted... how about a disarmer shatterhit?
cripple: this is exactly what could fix carefree above: a quick and brootal no-legs-for-U combo (of course for carefree you'd take the arms)
decap: this, too, is sort of destroyed by the grab IMHO... sorry
epic trap: may appeal to some, but usually I like flowing replays.
epic: not exactly epic, but still great. I couldn't resist putting an elbow hit in this, and once I did, I couldn't resist making it a madman. enjoy.
kungfu: Again, wouldn't call this Kung Fu, but it is some cool relaxed ass-kicking
momentum kick: one of the few ways to escape the grab's superpower to ruin a replay that I explained above is to use it to create this extent of carnage. it's like uke was charged with carefully placed cherry bombs for the second kick.

@hosted replays: Does it appear as a wall of text? You have to copy it into a textediting program (notepad, for instance) save it, then change the extension to .rpl.

rusty: Yeah, it was my first replay when returning. I can't seem to decap with hands without grabbing (mostly why I kick so much =.=" )
carefree: Did you watch it to the end? *hint hint*
decap: I pretty much meant it as a variation of a decap, almost like your splitpunch 3.
epic madman edit: Lol, that is so smexy I burnt my eyes.
kungfu: I called it kungfu because I THINK I had just watched Kungfu Panda. Or maybe it was because I ripped his arm in two hits without grabbing. *shrug*
momentum kick: I had to read that three times to understand. @.@ Cherry bombs? Zomgwtfbbq?

I'm uploadin more replays soon. Feel free to comment!
Last edited by joonveen; Aug 9, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
I had that too at one time. as you can see, I'm over it now (the grabbing thing). i still need it for combos, though

Yes, i did watch carefree until the end. that's why I called it a "fixed" arm dm. it wasn't good enough, i think.

I can see that it was for variation, but i think it could've been done without grabbing (actually I'm sure, while making splitpunch 5 (ahem) I accidentally decapped at first).

sorry for your eyes, hope they heal fast.

sorry for the barely explicable explanation of momentum kick. what I mean is, that you grabbed, but made up for it by the smexy shatterhit that followed. cherry bombs are small explosives, or actually new year's crackers. the point about it is that their power is minimal, hence taking more skillz to get something to happen with them. A.K.A the shatterhit was pure skillz.
I refuse to grab.
-
sorry for the barely explicable explanation of momentum kick. what I mean is, that you grabbed, but made up for it by the smexy shatterhit that followed. cherry bombs are small explosives, or actually new year's crackers. the point about it is that their power is minimal, hence taking more skillz to get something to happen with them. A.K.A the shatterhit was pure skillz.

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ok, I get it.

As promised, the replays: (but I won't describe as much)
ballerina: You know how ballerinas do the twist? I didn't have much in my brain at the time, so..uh..yea.
double dm: Pretty much it. Decap and an arm dm in one hit
gimme!: ...your head!
short chase: I hit his leg off. He runs away (sort of) and I <insert replay name here>, obviously..
Attached Files
a-jv ballerina.rpl (138.7 KB, 6 views)
a-jv double dm.rpl (161.9 KB, 6 views)
a-jv gimme!.rpl (60.2 KB, 5 views)
a-jv short chase.rpl (189.5 KB, 6 views)
ballerina: again, grab, but the long-circling kick and the awesome capoieraish dancing in the end makes up for it
double DM: again, grab, but the stylish kick almost pays for it. the dancing is great too. actually i think it'd be better if it only decapped, since the arm dm takes some attention off the decap. but OMG! you held your forearm inside your knee for that long! that's grotesque
gimme!: this will count as the one shameless filler replay in each batch that I will tolerate... although the happily rolling head makes it a bit more acceptable.
short chase: it does look a bit like uke was trying to get a way from you... did you move him or was it just momentum? nice clutterhit in the end, btw.
I refuse to grab.
-
1. Yes. I am the grabby kick master.
2. Yes. I am the grabby kick master. (no that sentence was not a copy paste gone wrong)
3. Yes. Just like you XD
4. O_O It was momentum! I swear! X3

As a side note, I am greatly inspired by Chez.

Well, I've still got a few replays to post, they just need a li'l more work. One has a uber sexy twist kick that I just can't seem to decap with T_T and another..find out for yourself!
Last edited by joonveen; Aug 10, 2008 at 04:32 PM.
sounds interesting. And i didn't mean you moved uke, I just neutrally asked which it was.
I refuse to grab.
-