Rosewill R519-BK Black Computer Case
500W Power Supply
MSI 880GM-E43 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive, 72000 RPM
ATI Radeon 4250

Totaling 384$

What I'm asking is if this setup is worth my money or not.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an ATI Radeon 5850 and a 750 Watt power supply. However, this will bump the price to 640$
Should I hold out and simply keep the Radeon 4250, or upgrade it?
|Ex-VorteX Moderator|Gravitation|<3 Wushu |
Long live VorteX in memory
you could stay with the 500w psu and a 5850 btw. you dont need a 750watt psu for any single gpu application unless you have a ton of extra drives and such. in which case you more than likely wont considering that build there.

also. like i posted in the other thread if you want to make your computer cheaper and still have great performance for gaming go with a phenom II x4 965 or something similar instead of an x6. the x6 series isn't the best for gaming and will only be increasing your prices.

you can get better gaming performance out of a videocard upgrade than an x6 cpu over an x4.

and as for the psu just to reiterate you really dont need a 750 for a single card. 500w will do the job.
You don't say?
Thanks man. Btw, this build comes in a bundle, so I can't necessarily change the processor. But I can afford it perfectly, and I guess the way I see it, It's like planning ahead for those future games that may take more processing power. As for the power supply, you're sure thats enough to power the 5850, Processor, Disc drive etc.?
yes, i have a 550w psu with gtx 460 in my computer with 2 hdd's a dvd drive an overclocked phenom II 965 to 4.2ghz and 2 120mm fans and an 80mm side fan. works just fine and that's with overclocked parts.

there are also other people using the 5850 in builds with core i7's that use 500w power supplies.
You don't say?
Go with Sapphire HD5850 xtreme. It's about the same as HD6870 and almost as fast as GTX560ti. And it's pretty cheap lol

And 450-500W(Pure) PSU would be just fine.
Alright, I'll check out the Sapphire. Thanks for the help