Ranking
Original Post
Staff closing threads
I was going to put this in the complain about staff section, but I realized I may not be right here. So here's the question: are staff allowed to close threads when it's their personal opinion that the topic is stupid, even when it doesn't break any rules?
Here's my example: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...42#post7929742
I don't think I broke any rules, but it was not ele who I thunk is at fault, but I feel rai shouldn't have closed the original thread that gave me the idea for this. the purpose of this is that I don't want to break any more rules here, I respect the staff but this is something I though I should ask. Rai and ele if either of you see this, nothing against you guys, just asking.
(Origin)
You were asking about the science behind it, which isn't really discussion material. Better suited for rapid threads, off topic, or even a little more research.

Plus theres a whole science on the things that you were talking about in the spoiler and I couldn't see a discussion on that either
There was a discussion about it before, but when j advanced search it it says I followed an invalid link
-----
Either way, the purpose of this thread was not "I'm right he's wrong"
I asked whether or not staff are allowed to close threads when it's their personal opinion that the topic is stupid, even if I didn't break any rules. I appreciate your opinion though.
Last edited by iIluminati; Mar 19, 2015 at 01:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
(Origin)
Well yes, they can. You can have a full on strong discussion on whether crayola is better than roseart, with facts and claims to back up your stance, but just because it's a good discussion, doesn't mean it's a good thread/topic. Some people could find that argument quite insightful, such as my 6 year old nephew, but a moderator would think that it is a stupid discussion, like the #whiteandgold dress debate.
Last edited by WTFlow; Mar 19, 2015 at 01:59 PM.
Staff can't close threads if they simply disagree with the topic.
Staff can close threads if they believe it breaks the rules in some way, in this case not being appropriate for discussion, that's an opinion and they are staff because their opinions on such matters are trusted.

That's a general answer for you, not directly regarding your thread, but applies to it anyway.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.