Toribash
Original Post
[Solved] certain commands should be fixed in tourneys
99% to prevent abuse by ragequitters who don't wish to actually lose and be able to hop right back into the tourney using a certain "load player 2" command that causes toribash to hang and suddenly crash.
Because it was a ping timeout (or whatever its classified as) the person who ragequit (especially at the end of a tournament) can practically steal the win from the person who should of won and, makes themselves able to jump back into the tourney like nothing happened and no loss was recorded.
This is basically starting the entire tourney all over again using this command screwing up the entire tournament rotation and keeping the person who should of won from getting their hard-earned tc.

I've had it happen to me a few times, but I see it happen to others more often than not with someone suddenly disappearing from the player list at the final round mid-battle only to come back, the roster reset and back to square one like the tourney just started over. It's annoying for me and I'm sure its annoying for others who are tryin' to make some extra TC to pimp out their tori's.

Please fix the "/Load-Player 2" command and prevent it from crashing the Toribash client which makes this... I guess you could call it a exploit, possible.

(note, the command in here is only a example and is NOT the actual command to skip out on your loss in a tourney or any other match. I don't need that little 'ploit runnin amok)
Last edited by Ex0duS; Mar 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
You are going to want to post here: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=353

That board is for suggestions, where as Support Board is for client issues/bugs and the likes of that.

Although to answer your question I don't see anything being done about that anytime soon. (unless there is a solution in the next client)

Truth is, people will complain either way. Back when this feature was not implemented we had tons of complaints about how you can't re-enter the room if you ping or lose connection for a short amount of time. Yes, we know it is abused but honestly some things you just have to deal with.
Last edited by marcus; Mar 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM.