Toribash
Original Post
FPS drops since 4.6, 4.7 and now in 4.8.
When 4.5 was out, everything was fine and working smoothly, FPS rate not going below 3 on my hyperthreaded Pentium 4 with 3.0GHz rate.

However, since 4.6, 4.7 and in 4.8, general rate is 25-40FPS, which is bad compared to previous versions, and when the moves start to play out, FPS drops to 9 and 16, then sticks between 16 and 24 until the ghost makes its path, 1 cycle, and in all the next cycles FPS goes back to normal.

Note that no graphical changes have managed to increase nor decrease my FPS.
Last edited by TheZEROts; Apr 17, 2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: sleepy mistake :S - 4.7 instead of 4.8
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
update your driver
and cpu doesnt take much part in games, so its probably your graphics card

Read the full post?

My drivers are up-to-date and 4.5 worked fine as I stated before. Something in the code is causing this since 4.6.

Anyway, still thanks, I'll try updating all drivers again since something may have gone wrong, perhaps. Though, I doubt it is me since this wasn't happening in 4.5, it started happening since 4.6 update.

I can live with it, but it is harder to play.
Last edited by TheZEROts; Apr 17, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
If you didn't know, drivers affect your GPU performance and optimise how things run on it. Your PC may have too much dust in it, which would explain the gradual performance decrease.

And I did read the full post, you didn't mention drivers. So why don't you read the full post?
If you didn't know, drivers affect your GPU performance and optimise how things run on it. Your PC may have too much dust in it, which would explain the gradual performance decrease.

And I did read the full post, you didn't mention drivers. So why don't you read the full post?

If you didn't know, my GPU performance does not change regardless to the graphical game settings. That would mean that GPU is not the case, add to that the fact that this started happening suddenly after 4.6.

And I did update my drivers, as I thought, they were up-to-date, nothing changed.
I've experienced no FPS drop myself, but I do have a relatively good PC.

Ensure that your motherboard drivers are updated (it's the most common one for people to forget), and see how your performance is affected in other games to see whether it is your system or the game at fault.

Other than that, I suppose you should just use an older version or bear the low framerate until you can find a fix.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Originally Posted by TheZEROts View Post
If you didn't know, my GPU performance does not change regardless to the graphical game settings. That would mean that GPU is not the case, add to that the fact that this started happening suddenly after 4.6.

And I did update my drivers, as I thought, they were up-to-date, nothing changed.

when people try to help you it would be nice if you werent an asshole
You're still playing on a P4? There's the problem, they were terrible when they were current, and beyond horrible now. TB is very CPU heavy, and your framerate depends on that more than the GPU.

Turn on the lower framerate cap option (it's in the advanced graphical options), it'll skip every other frame to make it playable. You're not going to get it running smoothly with that CPU otherwise.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
You're still playing on a P4? There's the problem, they were terrible when they were current, and beyond horrible now. TB is very CPU heavy, and your framerate depends on that more than the GPU.

Turn on the lower framerate cap option (it's in the advanced graphical options), it'll skip every other frame to make it playable. You're not going to get it running smoothly with that CPU otherwise.

I absolutely love working with this thing. It is hyperthreaded and works smoothly, it runs Source games on solid 30 FPS, but has trouble running Toribash, and only since 4.6.

when people try to help you it would be nice if you werent an asshole

The raven chides blackness.

I already stated "thanks", then you continued your own story regardless to what I had previously said, then I repeated that and suddenly I am an "asshole" for explaining. Right.

Note that every single thing on my PC is up-to-date (as much as it can be). And that I saw some other people speaking of the same issues as I since the update.
Last edited by TheZEROts; Apr 20, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
Originally Posted by TheZEROts View Post
I absolutely love working with this thing. It is hyperthreaded and works smoothly, it runs Source games on solid 30 FPS, but has trouble running Toribash, and only since 4.6.

Source games could run on a toaster. You're talking about an engine that's 9 year old after all. TB's all about the physics, and they hammer the CPU. Long pipeline processors suck at it. At more stuff gets added to the game you're going to notice the hit more.

You'd be way better off with some bottom end current hardware than the prehistoric P4. Even the cheapest of the cheapo-nasty would out perform a P4 by a large degree.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you