Toribash
Original Post
Pro Newcomers or just... Alts ?
I'm a brown belt right now and I play in the Semipro rooms most of the times.
I see players there with unbelievable skill and a great rank, yet with a low belt.
For example you see blue belts with -2000 rank.
So my question is, are the new players getting better or are the number of alts increasing? (Maybe Im just getting jealous lol)
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Rank is by belt. A blue belt with rank 1 is just the blue belt closest to leveling up.

Errm I dont think so...
I think it would be good for me being a blue belt to clear this up you could say. Overall I am a very low rank, yet in Judo which I play and win a lot in I am 7000. All I can assume is rank is determined by wins losses and matches.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas Edison
Originally Posted by eazi View Post
I'm a brown belt right now and I play in the Semipro rooms most of the times.
I see players there with unbelievable skill and a great rank, yet with a low belt.
For example you see blue belts with -2000 rank.
So my question is, are the new players getting better or are the number of alts increasing? (Maybe Im just getting jealous lol)

well, thats because its just easy to get a good rank , really fast.
u could be top 100 with blackbelt. if u make it right ;)
so there is nothing special at having a good rank at this belt.... so i dont think its either a "pro" newcomer or an alt. would more say its a pretty good playing , player at all.

Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Rank is by belt. A blue belt with rank 1 is just the blue belt closest to leveling up.

thats the old ranking lol, they changed it up now to the elo system shitn stuff.http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php this is now shown, easy to farm etc.etc.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
He probably means rank in that mod? And also aren't making alts against the rules? I don't even know but i would be suprised if it isn't.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
Making alts aren't against the rules, as long as you aren't farming with them in official servers. Same goes with all the other rules like scamming, etc..

Also, it honestly could be possible that it is a combination of both alts, and new players.

There is also a great possibilty that people with higher ranks that play noobly are rage quiters. You've got to take into account all the possible reasons as to why a low belt has such a high rank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
They are usually good duelers making alts to trick people into duels and sink their tc.
-----
Also, if you have a question you should post it in rapid threads, this section is for serious discussions.
Last edited by Devil; Jan 12, 2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

What was stated above is this..

If you say /stats that is the belt rank. He is talking about the global rank. The rank #1 is Mojo but he was a farmer and is perma banned. To get the top 10 ranks you say /ranking. Now, there are alts who do this but I have seen a few who are not alts but have just learned the game quickly. If you see a main account and an alt on the same server then that's a problem. You must take screenshots and tell a GM that this player is multiclienting.

That's all I can say about this, if you have more questions PM a GM or a player who can/will help.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
That isn't always right.
I had a friend spend the night, and he was using my wi-fi so we ended up with the same external I.P.

We still played each other in a private room.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation