Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Pixel lady, my first try on this
Ok, so I saw that ppl make these pixel-things so I wanted to try. And, guess what, it ain't easy! So, calling Shook for suggestions. I think I fucked up the eyes. It's hard when u have only few pixels to make something like that...

Oh shit that's nice. You've got shapes and shading down, more so than me. What does spring into my eyes is that you should increase the contrast on the skin, to make her shapes stand out more, and perhaps add a few details here and there, if possible. I can see that she's supposed to be pretty (she is!), so you don't need to defile her face with a huge mole or anything like it. =P
Also, i've found that bluish shadows work very well with skin color. Bluish shadows work well with just about anything, really.

Also, there's something a bit awkward about her neck. I can't really put my finger on it... Perhaps it's too far back? Maybe it needs to be slanted a bit to the left? Hard to say. Also, her hair makes her head appear really big. Oh yeah, don't forget to shade the shoulders. The shape is good, but they appear flat right now.

That's about it. Very nice job.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Thank you shook for all your comments. Taken notice. I hope my next one will be better. It's really hard work. I though it would be easy but... Do u constantly zooming in and out, I just had to, it was frustrating :P
very awesome. incredible if it is actually your first try. 10/10

also, what are these colored bars under the post count?
[T3AL][Fish][o7]
My name's Mr. Cupcake.
You definetly have skill in this subject, please continue
MGUNIT: I Dunno What IRC Is?
[Gay4Daxx] [Omega] [AM]
Originally Posted by Nermado View Post
also, what are these colored bars under the post count?

It's your rep.

they added rep to the site once again :D, we had it for a week in 09 once, and for a while in 07 I think.

hopefully it stays.
This is great.
The hair makes the head look sorta big,
you could use a little shading on the shoulders,
maybe a little more work on the nose?

9/10,
great work even so.
Very nice looking pixel art!

for the neck, I think it's that human necks aren't completely straight. :|
There is some curve at both ends, since we are organic. Very.

So just have it curve into the shoulderblades a bit. And start to curve as it approaches the jaws. Might not be the same problem shook was seeing, but looks that way to me.

Maybe more shape to her shoulders?

Dunno how far you can go with pixel art, since you have so little to work with. Can't just slop down shapes when you feel like it either. So really neat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
the most notable areas that you could improve in would be hair nose and neck.
the neck: has been pointed out already
the nose: left nostril seems a bit far up, one or 2 pixels on a piece that small is quite noticable
the hair: looks like a wig. the right curve of the hair doesnt match the curve of her skull, unless her skull is bulbous :P hairline is also fairly solid around the forehead, but i cant really expect you to improve that on a canvas so small

eyes and lips are amazing as well as that shadow on the left side fo her face

8/10 overall guy =)
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-