Toribash
Original Post
Roman Numeral
okay, i am writing a book where this guy finds a latitude and longitude of in roman numerals. i tried plugging it in to a generator, but it didn't accept the number because it's too large.
so, if anybody could turn this into a roman numeral, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

+47.670312,-122.374104
To be correct there would be no X.Y but insted X/Y. Its a time period thing, If you want I can work it out for you if you like but Ill have to do it later
[o]
The numbers behind the dot are too high to put into roman numerals, or you'd get a whole shitload of M's, because there is no higher number in roman numerals.

EDIT: Wait, I'll just cut off the last number, is that okay?
+47.67031,-122.37410
+XLVII.MMMMMMMMMMXXLI, -CXXII.MMMMMMMCDX

Replace the underlined M's with M's with a horizontal bar over it, which means 10000.
Last edited by Chartle; Aug 1, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
The horizontal bar above a roman numeral means 'times 1,000'.
For example a 'V' with a horizontal bar would be 5,000. If a 'V' had two horizontal bars above it, it would be 5,000,000. At least, I THINK you could have more then one horizontal bars.

Also, lol at iPingu's sig. Only loled cos of the words below it.
According to Wikipedia, you can put a paranthesis around the letters instead of a bar above them, so here goes:

+47.670312,-122.374104
+XLVII.(DCLXX)CCCXII,-CXXII.(CCCLXXIV)CIV

I think. The paranthesises mean that the number inside should be multiplied by 1000.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol