Ranking
Original Post
Old Rap vs New Rap
Hello, I come with this thread.

Old Rap? Or New Rap?

Actually New Rap is not appreciated by the Internet, I was seeing comments and they was not too good...

But I'm going for the two, but actually hear more New Rap.

What I mean of Old Rap and New Rap?

I give you some examples of artists

Old Rappers

New Rappers

So guys, what you like more?
Running away...
I prefer old rap for the lyrics and the nostalgia.

I listen to a couple newer rap songs here or there, but they have no real meaning to them.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
New rap is shit, Old rap is Okay, But in between lets say 2006-2012 good shit
Check my mixtape here
Selling my Deac here
They're both good, and have things to offer. Old hip hop tends to feel more aggressive and straightforward, while new hip hop feels like it has more of an experimental/creative edge. Neither is better imo, I have so many artists from every era I enjoy.

Older:
Wu-Tang Clan
Public Enemy
De La Soul

Newer:
Death Grips
Danny Brown
Kanye West
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Those that are new but really new, like 2 years of doing rap you know.
That's are the guys who the Internet and People don't like
Running away...
I really dont like kanye west, his personality or his music.
Personally I prefer mid ages rap, like old eminem, late tupac etc... The modern rappers like Iggy azalea have no meaing in their lyrics.
I like some of the newer less famous guys.. Like Yung Lean, his lyrics are deep and meaningful.

Childish Gambino is also a popular new age rapper who has meaning to his rap.
His music debut was in 2010, so yeah, he is pretty new. I would definitely recommend to listen to his "because of the internet" album. Very interesting, sort of cryptic.
h
New school: Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, (Isaiah is getting there as a boom bap rapper.), Joey Bada$$, Cj fly, Mick Jenkins, Blu (he's kinda underground, but I like him.), J Cole, Jay Electronica, Lupe Fiasco, Bishop Nehru, Danny Brown, and King Los (great battler/freestyler, but has a few meaningful and desirable songs. He is gradually improving.). As for older rappers, I'd say my favorite would be MF DOOM. Even though this doesn't exactly correlate with the topic much, my favorite producers are definitely Madlib and Flying Lotus, they're both pretty dope.
Last edited by Hypez; Sep 12, 2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: There's only one beer left.