Toribash
Original Post
[SOLVED] Mod Maker Crashes Game
I attempted to use the Mod Maker to make a very simple mod. The game crashed and since then I have not been able to run the Mod Maker. The game crashes every time I try to use it. I have uninstalled/re-installed. I deleted the only item in the registry pertaining to Toribash.

The mod was very simple. I changed the dojo and lightened gravity. Aside from that, there was nothing complex about it.

Help on getting the Mod Maker to work again?
-----
This is the Steam version of the game. Just downloaded the regular version, Mod Maker works fine on it. I'd like to fix the Steam version though
Last edited by crispyr; Feb 6, 2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This is the Steam version of the game. Just downloaded the regular version, Mod Maker works fine on it. I'd like to fix the Steam version though

Hmm. Mod maker works on my steam version. You can try doing this:
1. open both steam directory and standalone directory
2. delete modmaker.tbm from steam's/TB/data/mods
3. replace steam's modmaker.lua in data/scripts with standalone's lua

@edit
by the way,
The mod was very simple. I changed the dojo and lightened gravity. Aside from that, there was nothing complex about it.

these sorta things are so simple that it might be easier to write a mod like that in notepad actually. Or you can change settings with ctrl+G and use exportsettings: /er <name> and it'll save as <name> in your TB folder.
Last edited by JtanK; Feb 6, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Great idea! It works.
Now to learn how to make this thing in Notepad, since the Mod Maker won't save some of the settings...
Here's a list of commands, you basically put them without the /set into the text file and they will run. You can also open other mods like judo.tbm or aikidobigdojo.tbm for extra reference, using some copypaste will help you achieve whatever you need.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos