Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Head for Ocean
I've been working on this head for a while and wanted to see what you guys think of it. Any advice you want to give or tips, feel free to do so. The head is like a sea monster sorta thing.

This is still a wip and will most likely upload more pics of the progression.

Enjoy.

The Head

Don't like the fact that it's mirrored. Making only half of a texture is unimpressive in my opinion. Would have been a lot better free handed the whole way.

So 5/10 sense you really only made half of the texture.
Originally Posted by Busmi View Post
Don't like the fact that it's mirrored. Making only half of a texture is unimpressive in my opinion. Would have been a lot better free handed the whole way.

So 5/10 sense you really only made half of the texture.

I think you'll find that most heads are made this way due to the fact that asymmetrical heads look bad.

I really like it, the only area that could use a bit of work on is the green thingies, maybe just make it one colour.

Otherwise good job it looks decent
Thank you Bush and d3noth. Well, I personally do think that asymmetrical heads (some of them) look better than symetrical. But I am starting simple since I've only made like 6 heads so far. And for the green parts, they were originally blue, but Ocean asked me to change it to the acid color. And I have no idea what they are, but it's a sea monster, no one will.
Originally Posted by Busmi View Post
Yea I know most artists do it, but that doesn't make it more impressive.

think about it, would you rather him take more time to draw the other side entirely or would you mirror it and change some details? either would lead you to believe that it was drawn to completion.

anyways eh, I do like the idea and the colors but the mapping is like uncomfortable for me, but that's my opinion. A dragon texture is supposed to be mapped like this but nawson, doesn't look great to me. Also the back of the head could have some detail work as it IS mirrored, but it still has credit where credit is do.

7/10