Toribash
Original Post
Fatal Issue
I don't know if any mod or anyplayer have knowledge about my fatal error...

When I try to executate some games it ends in a fatal error called Blue Screen here goes the pic:

And I would try to solve this cause I want to play some games that are nice but with this error I can't play so please any expert in computer help me !!!

PS: I don't see just once it happens always when I try to iniciate a game.

~Thx

By: Lemon
Last edited by Lemon; Jan 25, 2011 at 03:51 AM.
Some driver is causing your problem.

This problem may occur on a portable computer that is running an Intel Pentium M (Centrino) mobile processor if the Gv3.sys processor driver is force-installed on Windows XP SP2.

The Gv3.sys processor driver was released to support processor power management features on Intel Pentium M mobile processors that run Windows XP and Windows XP SP1. This driver is now obsolete and is not supported on Windows XP SP2. The Gv3.sys processor driver has been replaced by the Intelppm.sys processor driver. The Gv3.sys processor driver may have been incorrectly force-installed on Windows XP SP2 by an OEM driver utility installation program.

To resolve this problem, use the following methods to restore your processor driver to the correct driver. The correct driver, Intelppm.sys, was included with Windows XP SP2.

To determine which processor driver is installed, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER.
In Device Manager, expand Processors.
Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and then click Properties.
Click the Driver tab.
Click Driver Details.

If your Windows XP SP2 system is using the Gv3.sys processor driver, you must update to the Intelppm.sys processor driver to correct this problem. To do this, follow these steps.
Click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER.
In Device Manager, expand Processors.
Right-click Intel Pentium M processor, and then click Update Driver.

The Driver Update Wizard will start.
If you are prompted Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?, click No, not at this time, and then click Next.
Click Install the software automatically (Recommended), and then click Next.
Click Finish.
You must restart your computer to complete the installation.

This is the solution. But you should post this in computer/chat maybe.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jan 25, 2011 at 06:35 AM.
Originally Posted by 80J4N
This problem may occur on a portable computer that is running an Intel Pentium M (Centrino) mobile processor if the Gv3.sys processor driver is force-installed on Windows XP SP2.

My pentium is dual core and my Windows is Seven.
Did u check which driver is installed for your processor?
-----
also:

Normally gv3.sys errors are caused by the below listed reasons:
Affected by virus, spyware, malware or Trojan
Destroyed or broken gv3.sys in the system process
Excessive files of application in the system.
Corrupted or damaged registry entries
-----
You should first try to scan your comp with some antivirus programs together with Spyware destroyer (u have some good freeware options, like Avast), then try Registry repair toolkit or something similar.

I use Win Xp so I can't really give u some good advices for your system, but isn't there in Win 7 option to roll-back system when it was working fine?
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jan 25, 2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump