Ranking
Original Post
Finland! Please me with some info about the country itself.
Hey there. I am probably (my guess is 75% of chance) moving to Finland, Espoo, in about month or two. Is there anything I should know about the country or the city before moving? How are the people there behaving? Any stereotypes? : )
Google is your ally. Read about local and national customs, economy, laws, etc, before you try and delve into the collective attitude or characteristics of the residents.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
You will be mainly fighting off russian invaders like a normal finnish person. If you're cool with that, you'll have a good time.

Do some research yourself. There are sites especially for these purposes. Example: http://www.expat-finland.com/

Or, if you want some valuable and knowledgeable input from a real finnish person, here it is:
Originally Posted by Jalis
Fuck you.

Everything is expensive, taxes are full bullshit mode, people are antisocial and the weather sucks.

have fun
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Originally Posted by Juhizz View Post
Everything is expensive, taxes are full bullshit mode, people are antisocial and the weather sucks.

have fun

Our taxes are perfectly reasonable for the amount of benefits we get and the level of education that is guaranteed for us.
this is how you say spiderman in finnish:

hämähäkkimies

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I agree with Juhizz.
And well Jalis is right about those benefits we get.
Tho taxes are still really high.

About weather, it's been really warm 30~ Celsius and suddenly yesterday it snowed.
We have a little winter on middle of the summer.

People are kinda antisocial unless they're drunk.

fuck
Here people think its hot if its over 20°C and its cold when its under -20°C but luckily here is cold beer for hot days and Koskenkorva for cold days. Alcohol is overpriced here so usually people buys it from Estonia. Cigarettes are overpriced too and we buy it from Russia.

And people here... Well... If you want friends, you have to make first move. And where do you live now?
Last edited by Something; Jun 19, 2014 at 03:56 AM.
Something is better than nothing.

Originally Posted by Something View Post
Here people think its hot if its over 20°C and its cold when its under -20°C but luckily here is cold beer for hot days and Koskenkorva for cold days. Alcohol is overpriced here so usually people buys it from Estonia. Cigarettes are overpriced too and we buy it from Russia.

And people here... Well... If you want friends, you have to make first move. And where do you live now?

I live in Poland atm.

Thanks for all the scary things you've described. Taxes. High prives. Brrr..