Toribash
Original Post
Internet communities as places that create social relations (Interviewees needed)
Aloha.
I'm finishing my thesis, it's time to wrap up third chapter, and I'm looking for some people that wouldn't mind answering some questions about internet communites in the context of toribash. I'm generally asking about friendships and other relations (positive, neutral, negative) made via net/specific community, engagement in said community, you general opinion about how it works, what would you want to change and so on.

If that sounds okay and you would be down for a talk later down this week, know this:
- We would talk through skype (or other type of software if you don't like skype, but I need it to be oral)
- I need to record it so I can later go back to the parts I find interesting for the sake of transcribing them
- It won't be published anywhere and I only need your name/nick, age and country
- About the age, you need to be over 16 (university regulations)
- It's not a formal survey/questionnaire, no yes/no questions, I'm looking for someone who is interested in talking/discussing the matters
- Due to that, you need to know English pretty well (preferably natives)
- It might take from 20 minutes to an hour if you're talkative enough

I need 10 interviews done, I'm available from Thursday to Sunday, basically round the clock, although please let me know when you'd be available so we can schedule ahead (post here could do, PM could do, I'm also generally lurking different irc channels, #toribash included, so you can try to query me there)

If you have any questions about the thesis itself, theories, paradigms, works I'm using as basis for it, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to answer.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss all you think might be related to the topic as well, I could also use posts as a food for thought.
retired
Is there a dead line
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Oh yes please! I'd love to help. I've built a lot of relationships of the years of being on toribash and other communities. If there is a spot open, send me a pm and I'll give you my skype info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Is there a dead line

Not really, more of a people limit (10) if anything and the fact that I'd like to get it done by the end of this week.

Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post
Oh yes please! I'd love to help. I've built a lot of relationships of the years of being on toribash and other communities. If there is a spot open, send me a pm and I'll give you my skype info.

Sure, I'll send you one later :^)
retired
Do you mind if I answer with text instead of voice? If you send me over the questions I'll answer them, I might struggle to get on skype at a good time though
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Do you mind if I answer with text instead of voice? If you send me over the questions I'll answer them, I might struggle to get on skype at a good time though

Here is a thing, text restricts what you can tell me, really. I'll be asking more general, open questions, looking for discussion and whatnot It's not a survey, it cannot be done like that.
retired
I can give you pretty extended answers if thats the issue, or is it the fact that you would like to probe my answers to get more insight?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.