Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] I'm back from LazyVille
I am what's considered a "Lazy Artist" I rarely make art now a days but I need to step up my game. I see all these people getting cnc and I just wonder why I don't get as much and it's probably because I am inactive when it comes to art unless I have motivation. Well, I am going to try harder now. I made all these ugly ass sketches in Krita. I need cnc and all of these (I assure you) will be done in the future. I am really bad when it comes to the sketching but as I get into it I make a hell lot of adjustments. All these are due to change at any point in time and most of these are rushed and I even failed on most. I have gotten a lot of really great feed back from the alien side of my half human half alien head I made for the first are event of the month.
Program : Krita
Tools : Wacom Tablet

Alien Monk

Abe

Skeleton Robot

Squid Alien

Woman Robot

I am just an icon livin'
The abe one looks perfect! I remember this game and like the way you did the scetch
Keep on it.
You should only change color of it. it was nearer to camo
Really love the abe sketch but what is think on the back? or is it just a wip of a cut?
Skeleton robot needs work with colouring, not sure if its a wip still so just saying.
SquidKinng, details tho ; ) lmao.Think you should just change IT to a actuall eye but idk
Woman robot looks very weird with the flipped back face imo
Sup nerd
Thank you guys for the instant feed back. DjCat, I still play it ; ))))) and you are correct I just filled the color with anything that was blue haha

Headles, thank you. The thing on the back is more of like hair (Well, it's a feather) you can find images online just search up Abe Oddworld and there are a lot of cool characters. The Skeleton one I took less time on the coloring just to see how things would look like. For the squid I took more time on the lips because they were pretty weird but then I just skipped that. AAAAAND The woman was something I saw online as well and then it came to me that I could just flip it upside down to experiment. I forgot to state that I didn't check the mapping on any of these so they might look weird for now.
I am just an icon livin'
Yeah experementing can never hurt.
Keep it up turtle I want you to finisch abe and squid alien for sure both look promising to me.
Sup nerd
The robots eye is werird because they get blurred out which doesnt look good and doesnt even make alot of sense on a robot he could need some more of those lines aswell because they look great with the shading ^^
You seem to neglect the backside of some of your sketches a bit, which ends up a lot of the time (as seen in other heads by other artists) in superficial details that do look good, but don't bring anything new or substantial to that space that makes it great. I'd put just a little bit more thought and focus on what you could do to spice up the back side of heads (although you do already do this in a couple of the sketches - like woman robot). Just my personal opinion, so you can weigh it as much or as little as you like.

You may have the faces a bit wide in a couple of them, but I didn't check mapping either so rip.

Otherwise, what you have down looks like a great foundation for those heads. Keep at it
As said - foundation is down and all thats left is to improvise. I like the sketches, really creative. I'll keep an eye out on progress on these.
You're getting good at sketches mate. I'd like to see some in-game pics so we can harrass on your mapping!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks you guys! A lot of feedback on these sketches. I will really try to improve on my sketching as well as mapping and after that I will be looking forward to basic shading.
I am just an icon livin'