Original Post
Purchasing a New Computer
Compaq Presario CQ2100

• Intel atom Processor
•1gb ram
• 160GB HDD
• Windows XP Home

-----------------------

These are the specifications for a cheap computer my parents are looking at buying for us, I wanted to know whether that is any good for playing Toribash, if not what are the requirements to play toribash at a high frame rate WITH shaders.

I hope this goes in gaming chat, i don't think it falls into any other category.
intel atom processor doesnt tell us alot, how many cores, ghz, etc..

also whats the gfx card?

[T]
#hi

lol adverts aimed at people that dont know about computers..

um, whats the name or model number of the computer? does it say that atleast?

[T]
#hi

Well, my old Nvidia GeForce 6200 could run them easily, not with everything on max, like Soft Shadows, but it can run shaders. They're cheap. There are a lot of graphics card with shader support, that cost under 75$.

So, yeah, it's just a matter of searching.
The quality or state of being wise.
i think thats a ripoff, that processer will probably cause tb to chug, and the graphics card wouldn't run shaders either..

You'd be able to do way better just building your own, if you can do that sort of thing ;s

or you could hire someone to do it for you, and it would still probably come out cheaper.. and better.

[T]
#hi

MetroX: How about gettng an assembled PC? It will give you a great value for money than paying more for brand value of HP?

600.00 AUD = 22,608.67 INR(Indian National Rupee)

My recommendation for a Basic Rig

ProcessorAMD Athlon XP 6000+
RAM2GB DDR2 800 MHz (Kingston Value)
grab some keyboard & mouse
Mobo:ASUS Nvidia 7025 M2N68AM
Power:VIP: 350 W
Cabinet:Zebronics Antibiotic
HDD: Seagate 250 GB
Monitor:Acer 1916W

This will be about 19k INR

Get a XFX Geforce 8600GT for around 3.5k INR(check compatiblity with mobo)

that's total 22.5k INR that's the the price(600AUD) u will to pay for the Compaq crap
KONY 2012