Ranking
Original Post
The Elite Texture Artists?
So, since I've been around the "elite" texture artists have changed a lot.

At first, everyone was like "OMG Nightmare had the best", so Nightmare was considered "Top-Dog", or at least highly competent.

Then later on guys like DarkJak and Rexton were making great sets..

Then EVERYONE had to have a set made by Mrama and his signature heads.

Then Vermine and Gabriel kind of stole the spot light.

I know I'm missing great people like Bendover and Joonveen in the spot light, but my memory slips.

My question is: who are the current, active, elite texture makers?

(P.S. I'm thinking of some cool concepts for sets, which is what spurred up the question to begin with)
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jan 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
...What's there to get? The question is, currently, what members of the community do people find are the best at making textures...
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Alphasonik makes beautiful everything. Top notch heads. Ferrock2's heads are brilliant as well LWafflez makes very nice art, not as high quality as the first two. I know there are more.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
There are much better artists who don't texture as often, such as avwave, but for the ones that do, I have to say alphasonik.
Hoss.
Hands down the best right now is Alphasonik,at least in my opinion.
<Fish> How is being a dumbass a form of venting? Is this some sort of flatulence related joke?
MANtrain is and always will be the best texture maker.

But yeah way back when during 3.0-3.4, the top money earners were Hanz0, BenDover, and Nightmare. They made MILLIONS.

Although MANtrain does not usually make heads for those who are outside of RAWR, I do reacall him selling a custom made head texture for around 200k tc and a couple sets for 500k.
Last edited by IceShadow; Jan 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
To be more specific (because I knew from the start ManTrain was always the best, I've seen all of his work and admired it for ages): Texture makers who actually still make textures.

As in, if anyone pms them with money, they can get a set.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
MANtrain is and always will be the best texture maker.

But yeah way back when during 3.0-3.4, the top money earners were Hanz0, BenDover, and Nightmare. They made MILLIONS.

Although MANtrain does not usually make heads for those who are outside of RAWR, I do reacall him selling a custom made head texture for around 200k tc and a couple sets for 500k.

This on a stick.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg