Toribash
Original Post
I made a Dubstep.
Ohai. I made a dubstep. I use FL Studio, been doing it for 3 years now. I can teach people how, via skype or msn. PM me if interested. I also can do request music.

Isolation
Gir's Obsteperous Dance
Pacman's Theme

I have 7 songs in production at the moment, 3 DnB, and 4 Dubstep. May update the thread with them later.
first one sounds.... not good.
you use way too much reverb, the drum pattern is sloppy, and the melody is chaotic and has no real pattern. the wobble bass is used over and over with the same pattern. all in all, you used presets which i find lazy, and it is so repetitive.

second sounds better, still a lot of reverb, different synths are louder and some are quieter, it's too chaotic. the basses are not very good, a lot of it is grainy and low quality.

the intro to the 3rd was pretty cool, the drop sucked, the bass is the same generic one used by so many people, you need a more unique style.

overall, you use way too much reverb, generic basses, repetitive patterns and chaotic melodies that don't exactly make any sense.

for using fl for 3 years, you aren't that great. i'm sorry :I

i use FL as well, if you want to hear my stuff just click the top link in my sig (dialup is a good song :>)
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
first one sounds.... not good.
you use way too much reverb, the drum pattern is sloppy, and the melody is chaotic and has no real pattern. the wobble bass is used over and over with the same pattern. all in all, you used presets which i find lazy, and it is so repetitive.

Alright, I'll work on more structure/variety. Actually, I didn't use any presets except for the lead synth.

second sounds better, still a lot of reverb, different synths are louder and some are quieter, it's too chaotic. the basses are not very good, a lot of it is grainy and low quality.

Alright, I'll remove the noise/ etc.

the intro to the 3rd was pretty cool, the drop sucked, the bass is the same generic one used by so many people, you need a more unique style.

Alright, note taken.

overall, you use way too much reverb, generic basses, repetitive patterns and chaotic melodies that don't exactly make any sense.

for using fl for 3 years, you aren't that great. i'm sorry :I

i use FL as well, if you want to hear my stuff just click the top link in my sig (dialup is a good song :>)

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Don't apologize, you're being honest. I appreciate it greatly! I will look at your songs now. Thanks for giving me criticism on them all, and thanks for your time!
I really liked the pacman's theme. It was certainly your best one, and as sly said try using a style that is unique to you and not one everyone else uses

But overall it was good
I hate living in Texas -_-
The Pacman theme is the best of those three. I don't like the drum pattern in Isolation and in Gir's obsteperous dance the song is ducking too much behind the bass. But overall the songs are ok. heres one of my productions if you are intrested: Yuck W.I.P.
Snaykie#0020 GG
Originally Posted by Gymbash View Post
I really liked the pacman's theme. It was certainly your best one, and as sly said try using a style that is unique to you and not one everyone else uses

But overall it was good

Alright, thanks!

Originally Posted by DisBwoYY View Post
The Pacman theme is the best of those three. I don't like the drum pattern in Isolation and in Gir's obsteperous dance the song is ducking too much behind the bass. But overall the songs are ok. heres one of my productions if you are intrested: Yuck W.I.P.

Sounds good!

Thanks both of you for taking the time to listen to them and posting!
Originally Posted by DisBwoYY View Post
heres one of my productions if you are intrested: Yuck W.I.P.

OH MY GOODNESS

that is amazing, it's definitely not dubstep, but you just created a genre i could listen to for hours. :'D

morbon, maybe next week get on skype and i could show you some tricks on NI massive, and in your latest hunter's ritual song you need a better snare :U
Last edited by SlyBash; Feb 13, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
OH MY GOODNESS

ZOHMYGOODNESS <----
And yea, it's more like a brostep or Eptic style or something like that kinda song. Glad you like it!
Snaykie#0020 GG
you could make some indie game soundtracks with the songs you make xD (referred to Disbwoyy)
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|