Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Curious about Ban lengths
So, Fistoflife is banned for a month for "Classic Racism".

Shenekton is banned for "Racism", and is only given one day.

I don't understand. Shouldn't there be, like, some tempelete that surves as how long someone should be banned for what they did?

If it's both racism, why are they differnet in length? Does the words they used actually change it?

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Its the difference between someone being a dong & offending a few people, and someone being a complete tool that spams a server with it.

Add repeat offences and you land longer bans.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I don't really keep tabs on bans but if I remember correctly he has been banned previously for being offensive/racist
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
He has 5 pages of infractions/bans, lets say he's not the ideal user

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Every time I see him talk or post he is complaining or whining. Makes me laugh to be quite honest. Reminds me of my old days.
As Skul said it's not as simple as having a template. That said, users with similar circumstances can expect a fairly similar consequence for bad behavior.
I guess it's not so much of a template but as a rough formula with various factors that the staff learn to get a feel for based on experience and how things are generally being handled at the time.
Yeah, I got a 3 month ban for saying "wanna get ddosed m9?" Whereas another user got a one week ban for "ddos joke." But mine was labeled as a threat for whatever reason, I'm assuming it's because of my past bans. rip
<13chillz> Grab a crayon and go zoom zoom
The templates don't necessarily make sense either, for example inappropriate language is 1 point, a useless post is 2 points, if you flame it's 3 points, but if you make a useless point that happens to be a joke then it's 4 points

So if you can imagine;
"fuck" -> 1 point
"why was zayex banned?" -> 2 points
"you are dumb" -> 3 points
"rapier is the worst weapon in dks" -> 4 points

Above that things get really weird
"contact kitfox" -> 1 day ban
"delete system32" -> 1 day ban
posting shock sites -> 5 day ban
"Christianity isn't so bad" -> 3 month ban
"ancient aliens don't exist" -> permaban

Though I'm not sure that staff members really stick to the templates.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Oct 9, 2015 at 02:00 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
it can vary, if you get infracted alot you stand a chance of getting a 24 hour ban.
but other things like duel scamming or texture stealing can lead to a longer period.

and then you do something really bad like land up in an "investigating' way you will be banned for ever without lift, unless you didnt do it and you come clean

and then theres the request ban where if players are doing tests they will request it and when they done they will asked to be unbanned but apparently they have stopped this system because people are abusing it, so ive heard
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.