Ranking
Original Post
Infraction point timing
Say you have 5 infraction points so get banned for 1 day, what if after that 1 day ban expires you get a 1 point infraction, are you banned for another 1 day? Or do you not get banned because you were already above that threshold?

If you have 5 infraction points and have served the 1 day ban, can you not be 1-day banned again until your points drop below 5?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
As far as I'm aware, infractions don't go away after a ban, thus meaning that you can get banned again if you get another infraction. Don't quote me on that though.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Different infractions have different expiration times, for example a 5 point infraction (1 day ban) will expire after 10 days.

If you got 5 more infraction points you would be banned for a week (10 points).
If you have valid points & you get another infraction it'll result in a ban so long as it's within a ban point range. (and ofc the points still need to be active)

So yeah. 5 points +1 = another 1 day ban. 9 points +1 = 5 day ban.
Just like getting a month ban followed by a 1 day ban adds up to a perma.

More the reason for people to behave instead of instantly doing the same crap that got them banned in the first place.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well, this question was really in relation to my alt which has 20 permanent points. Looks like I'm never going to be posting or pming with that account unless I have to!
20 non-expiring points on an unbanned account? That needs fixed because reasons. What's it's name?

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I don't know what you had in mind by 'needs to be fixed', but it looks like someone has taken care of it by resetting the point counter. It still lists '20/Never' but the total is '0 point(s) total'.

Account was 'gorman'.
So long as it's "0 total" then the perma points have been reversed & wont cause issues.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
neato.

(users cannot close their own threads in RT so an lmod please do ;))