Toribash
Original Post
So what is it that makes a replay EPIX?
Just thought i'd (try to) stir up a little discussion, y'know. What makes a replay epic in your eyes?

For me, it's when the player makes a difficult, stylish and powerful move/attack in a smooth, rapid flow, all while making the attack brutal and boomy. Even better if it's a series of brutally devastating blows. To list it down: (and it'd be great if you did so too! ;) )
- Advanced/difficult moves.
- Must look stylish.
- One smooth and rapid flow, without (or with as few as possible) interruptions.
- Brutal, intentional and dedicated attacks, boomhits especially. (don't like them "oops-i-grazed-Uke-but-oh-well" attacks)
- Combo attacks. (like, not sporadic attacks here and there)

And just to add a little more use, i'll be keeping a "universal list", where i'll list down criteria if 4 or more of you guys list them. So far, no content in it, of course. :U

Oh, and please, only post if you're a member of ORMO, thanks.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
really nice idea, shook...
in my opinion, it´s important to combinate fluidness, speed, style and a nice end pose(not hte most important, but never bad^^)

list(added a bit more)
fluid
speed
style
end pose
SPINIIIIING( yah, i really like it^^ )
more than 2 DMs and the DC (sometimes, dcs alone are great, too. but i like madmans even more)
I´m a German Member of (ORMO) and GMF
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED IN THIS THREAD
well. For one, it has to be made by me.

If not, I GUESS it can be epic to me if it meets this criteria
- Smooth movements. Using a mix of relax and held joints. Note what I said there you noobs, held joints can make for a smooth replay also.
- Styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle. Developing a unique style is what sets people apart and what keeps the grab and rip madmans from flooding the game board. (even if it already does)
- Unique moves and themes. Watching headkicks and madmans all the time get boring. Learn to do something different.
- Consistent attack intervals. I dont like seeing a really fast start, and slowing down as the replay progresses.
- Clear, brutal, well defined hits. It doesnt always have to necessarily mean boomhits, but I like it when I see hits which make me cringe from all the force behind it.
- General "WTF" moments. When something happens I really dont expect that just makes me go :OOOOOOOO
etc etc
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
For me, it's not that much about how much you can kill uke to little pieces, it's the creativity. A good replay is very unexpected, maybe makes you laugh a little, etc. Can't help but mention some of Rutzors replays.

If we're talking about madmans n shit, read everything above. =D
Whoop Whoop
speed, style and ''OMG wtf just happened there!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?11111'' moments
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Non-clutter. If you can't clearly see what's going on in the replay because thee's such little room between parts then it ruins it unless the end result is hard to ignore (e.g. full dismemberments)

Also, similarity to real life is always a plus to me :P
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Clear, powerful, and meaningful hits. People who just dismember for the sake of dismembering annoy me so. A nice powerful boom leaving uke in pieces is much better than several pansy taps for as many dismemberments as possible.
Speed - How little frames there are before the next dm
Powah - How powerful those punches are. And if a hit makes toribash lag
And times when im like "O_o -presses R-"
Boomhits (Dont forget the Boomhits!)
Combos - Whack whack Smack BOOM
And maybe a skeetshot.
[T] | ORMO
[20:18] <@Cevius> Like semen?