Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Tool
Originally Posted by Stolen from Wikipedia
Tool is a Grammy Award-winning American rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1990. Since its inception, the band's line-up has included drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan. The current bassist is Justin Chancellor, who has been with the band since 1995. Tool is known to have rigorous touring schedules in support of their albums, they have performed well on charts worldwide, and have sold an estimated 9.25 million records in the US alone.
Tool emerged with a heavy metal sound on their first album Undertow, at a time when the genre was dominated by thrash metal, and later reached the top of the alternative metal movement with the release of their second album, Ænima, in 1996. Their efforts to unify musical experimentation, visual arts, and a message of personal evolution continued with their third record Lateralus in 2001 and their most recent album, 10,000 Days, released in 2006, gained the band critical acclaim and success around the world. Due to Tool's incorporation of visual arts and relatively long and complex releases, the band is generally described as a style-transcending act and part of progressive rock and art rock. The relationship between the band and today's music industry is ambivalent, at times marked by censorship and the band members' insistence on privacy.

Im actually surprised I didnt see a thread about tool. They really are a great band, and imo have one of the best drummers currently around right now.
Im sure it isnt a band that everyone would initially like. Even I can agree some of their music is kind of weird, but still it is really enjoyable to listen to. And Their frontman Maynard James Keenan is a madman who is also a great lyricist.

^^ Vicarious, from their 10000 days album.

^^Parabola, from their Lateralus album.
Nicotine Valium Vicodine Marijuana Ecstacy and Alcohol...
C-C-C-C-C-COCAAAAAAAAINNNNEEEEE

Been a Tool fan for years, love their music, although 10 000 days was a big let down for me. The best description I've heard that "classifies" them is as a "hard alternative" band. I've heard rumors that another album is owed to their current label so that should be interesting if and when it materializes .
insert sig there
Tool consists of some of the most talented musicians to date in rock. Their music is very distinct and different in every way. I usually can tell who they are if I haven't heard the song before just by the sound of the bass, which is very distinct, and not to mention, the guitar is very distinct. Killer band.

Totally agree. Danny is, without a doubt, one of rock's best drummers.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Tool are an incredibe band, their music is original and it's so powerful. They create such a mood in their songs, they sound so dark and strange. Amazing band.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Reisom View Post
Im actually surprised I didnt see a thread about tool. They really are a great band, and imo have one of the best drummers currently around right now.Im sure it isnt a band that everyone would initially like. Even I can agree some of their music is kind of weird, but still it is really enjoyable to listen to. And Their frontman Maynard James Keenan is a madman who is also a great lyricist.

I THINK NOT. Neil Peart>all alive drummers. Nah, I'll quit my rush fan drooling etc, Their drummer is quite good and is definitely one of the best alive.

Anyway, Tool is a great all around band, their bassist is phenominal, I personally love the harder and louder bass lines that really set the mood of the song. Great to have a thread about them
Last edited by Megadoomer; May 29, 2009 at 06:04 AM.
Maynard is soooooooooooooooooooo good.

I froth over his singing, it's like...lamingtons.
And Careys drumming is frothable as well. and the fact that most of their songs are in drop d. It's niiiice. Gives an awesome sound out
lol
Nothing much to add here, except I find them to be the most consistently creative and amazing rock band I have ever heard. Neil Pert is great, but I like Danny Carey's drumming better because it is so dynamic and organic - a lot of it is just very very well done rock drumming, but it generally has something alien/psychedelic to it as well - the shifting polyrhythmic stuff is killer - learning to play "Rosetta Stoned" at 7:03 was quite an eye-opener.

Yea Smeebob lot's of Tool fans didn't like 10000 days that much. I didn't either for the first dozen listens or so, but now I consider it their best work.

This is really the only band to give me the chills listening to it, like my whole body was digging it not just my ears and mind.