Ranking
Original Post
Mass Increase of Game Activity. Why? and how to improve!
I would like to discuss how, why, what factors there were, for the increase in activity and online members of the game, also congratulations to the staff on that. I think we should know about these points, to focus on them and try to increase the activity even more.
started playing again for no reason now im stuck again

bet rooms have been very prominent, duels are still around but less common
Last edited by Fear; Jun 29, 2023 at 03:33 PM.
I think the battlepass and the general increase in client quality (new UI, user shop included, advanced tutorials) played a huge role. I also noticed huge demand for bet servers, there are always like ~20 people in one. People like gambling so maybe toribash should capitalize more on that.
Last edited by Chirox; Jun 28, 2023 at 09:21 AM.
Originally Posted by Chirox View Post
I think the battlepass and the general increase in client quality (new UI, user shop included, advanced tutorials) played a huge role. I also noticed huge demand for bet servers, there are always like ~20 people in one. People like gambling so maybe toribash should capitalize more on that.

Yes, yesterday I was thinking about the customer, it's been a while since I've seen an update that changes the look of the toribash so much, ergonomic and elegant, I really loved the new format, in addition to being easier to see how the room administrator manages them, how to activate them or turn off messages, new name effects, and so on. I was also surprised, as I had never seen an entire night with bets, and with the rooms still full, on a Wednesday.
I think whoever is running the tik tok page is doing a mighty fine job. Saw this on my tt page and decided to come back and play again. As Fear stated, bet servers have been jumping the last few weeks and makes the game and interactions feel fun again!
Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
I think whoever is running the tik tok page is doing a mighty fine job. Saw this on my tt page and decided to come back and play again. As Fear stated, bet servers have been jumping the last few weeks and makes the game and interactions feel fun again!

this is new for me, first time I see someone say that they came to see or play the game again through the tiktok page, maybe matarika has reinvented himself?
i like the new rank system that will be implemented soon, bringing back global mod ranks was a good call. cant stress this enough though, me and a fair amount of players have expressed that they would REALLY like for whoever is running the tiktok to add competitive replays from duels/bet servers, as well as replays from newer players, alongside with the sparring and sp replays. the damn tiktok account gets hundreds of thousands of viewers yet barely any of those viewers even bother downloading because all the comments on tiktok be saying that the game is too hard and shit. the tiktoks show the expectation and not the reality of starting toribash. no new player is going to hop on this game and immediately start making UFC/MMA binklawz looking ass replays lol. and nobody is playing even half of the mods that are showcased on there. as a matter of fact, i dont think ive seen ONE tiktok of boxshu or abd being shown and i scrolled through that shit for a good minute or two before making this post. i think there should be like, a top 5 fights or top 5 saves series on tiktok similar to concon's old "top 5 insane fights" videos. maybe make some small tutorials for brand new players that plan on downloading toribash after coming across the tiktok account. would teach stuff like how to stay on your feet and hands, how the disqualification system works, how to utilize each joint, how multiplayer works, etc etc.

tbh i rly lost a lot motivation to play this game competitively due to the lack of a large thriving competitive community. it's always the same 20-30 players that are selfbetting, dueling, and playing competitively and it gets to a point where those players get very boring to play against because you end up being very familiar with their playstyles and almost every game from then on out just becomes some what of a coinflip of who has the best opener, ik im definitely not the only one that feels this way. would be cool to see a surge of new aspiring duelers just waiting to be banked because of tiktok.

edit; should also make a tiktok mentioning the forum because barely anyone knows about it, ive seen multiple players thatve been playing for months say that they didnt even know the forums existed.
Last edited by Berzerk; Jun 29, 2023 at 12:02 PM.
Originally Posted by Berzerk View Post
the damn tiktok account gets hundreds of thousands of viewers yet barely any of those viewers even bother downloading because all the comments on tiktok be saying that the game is too hard and shit. the tiktoks show the expectation and not the reality of starting toribash. no new player is going to hop on this game and immediately start making UFC/MMA binklawz looking ass replays lol.

would be cool to see a surge of new aspiring duelers just waiting to be banked because of tiktok.

hahaha u guys are some real sickos you know that
i like the new rank system that will be implemented soon, bringing back global mod ranks was a good call. cant stress this enough though, me and a fair amount of players have expressed that they would REALLY like for whoever is running the tiktok to add competitive replays from duels/bet servers, as well as replays from newer players, alongside with the sparring and sp replays. the damn tiktok account gets hundreds of thousands of viewers yet barely any of those viewers even bother downloading because all the comments on tiktok be saying that the game is too hard and shit. the tiktoks show the expectation and not the reality of starting toribash. no new player is going to hop on this game and immediately start making UFC/MMA binklawz looking ass replays lol. and nobody is playing even half of the mods that are showcased on there. as a matter of fact, i dont think ive seen ONE tiktok of boxshu or abd being shown and i scrolled through that shit for a good minute or two before making this post. i think there should be like, a top 5 fights or top 5 saves series on tiktok similar to concon's old "top 5 insane fights" videos. maybe make some small tutorials for brand new players that plan on downloading toribash after coming across the tiktok account. would teach stuff like how to stay on your feet and hands, how the disqualification system works, how to utilize each joint, how multiplayer works, etc etc.

tbh i rly lost a lot motivation to play this game competitively due to the lack of a large thriving competitive community. it's always the same 20-30 players that are selfbetting, dueling, and playing competitively and it gets to a point where those players get very boring to play against because you end up being very familiar with their playstyles and almost every game from then on out just becomes some what of a coinflip of who has the best opener, ik im definitely not the only one that feels this way. would be cool to see a surge of new aspiring duelers just waiting to be banked because of tiktok.

edit; should also make a tiktok mentioning the forum because barely anyone knows about it, ive seen multiple players thatve been playing for months say that they didnt even know the forums existed.

Definitely agree with your point on the tik tok replays. When I started playing it was because I found a YouTube video of different people fighting. Grappling each other, punches to the face, limbs flying off, torsos exploding, thats what drew me to the game. Don't get me wrong, parkour and spars are cool and all, but they're not why I came here initially and not why I'm still here. I like the fighting aspect of this game, and I think we're missing out on an untapped market of new players who would feel the same by not showing that part of the game.