5 Votes / 22.73%
Horned Cipher
1 Votes / 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
I'm Making a Pokemon Game!!!
You heard me right. Hawke, with zero gamemaking experience, very little artistic experience and very little coding experience, is going to make a game. However I do have a few short stories under my belt, so from a writing perspective I should be good. Thankfully, I don't need very much coding experience with the help of RPG Maker and Pokémon Essentials toolkit. Depending on a few details about the game, I will likely need someone who is experience in sprite artistry, as the extent of my skills is just cutting up different characters to make different ones.

A few facts to minimize FAQs:
-I plan on making it a full-fledged Pokémon game with a normal playtime
-Everything will be custom; region, character, professor, storyline, villainous team, etc.
-I have not decided if I want to make a full list of fakemon or use the existing Pokémon. If I do decide to use the regular Pokémon, I will most likely include the first three generations.
-This tale will be a bit darker than the base Pokémon games, although I'm not how much darker I can get than two failed attempts at starting an apocalypse. It will not be nearly as dark as Pokémon Snakewood (zombie apocalypse), but I will include similar-to-real-life issues which include so far, family stress issues and religious/idealistic extremism.
-This is probably going to take a pretty long time to complete. I am aiming for under two years, but I have no knowledge of how long it takes a game to be made, especially with a team consisting one person.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.