Toribash
Original Post
[Help] My laptop
Good afternoon.
My laptop runs horrendously slowly. Being no computer guy, I am completely at a loss as to why it runs so slowly, and am not so sure about the specs. It is a HP Pavillion entertainment laptop (I think), has a 7600GT apparently, 1gb RAM, a 180gb hard drive and runs XP. Or something. I have used and estimated 90% of storage space.
How can I fix this slowness? My friend suggested an external hard drive, but I would like to know if I can this in any other way, without buying something like that.
Last edited by fat0ninja; Mar 27, 2010 at 01:41 AM.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
if u can afford, it maybe buy a new processor and crap, but im not good wit processors, im mor of a gphx card dude :"O
You can, but it is quite complicated to make sure if the new processor runs well on your computer. You'd have to section it often. I wouldn't advice it, especially because you can get quite low-prized laptops which are new and better.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
I'd like to keep my old laptop.
So you guys are saying that it's just the processor or something? Please explain. :3
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Well you can go to BEST BUY *angelic choir hits high note* and talk to the GEEK SQUAD *choir again* and they can get your old laptop a new PROCESSOR AND POSSIBLY A GREAT GRAPHIX CARD AND EVEN MAYBE SOME MORE RAM *and again* or you can go to something like CIRCUIT CITY *again...* they may be able to hook you up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
well I don't think he's looking for a major upgrade.
Try downloading programs like registry cleaners. (CCleaner or Advanced system care both are free) Run windows defragmenter. And another feature with ccleaner is clearing your cookies from your internet cache. First time I did it I got about 12 gigs back.
You probably watched too much pron and got a virus.

Go through and unistall everything you don't want, then run a virus scan with AVG free edition then defragment.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I heard most components are soldered in laptops anyway.
Ccleaner scan and defrag your hard drive should be the first steps. Also you could remove some programs from "start on startup" list.
Clan Blood Leader
I think you should buy an external hard drive, put there everithing you really want and format your laptop.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men