Toribash
Original Post
ART questions
So I wanna make some ART too, but there's a few questions that bother me a lot. For software, I'll be downloading PS trial in a bit so that will suffice me for a month or so, so please tell me the Photoshop ways to do stuff. Kthx!

1)How to mirror / make back of the head look nice?
2)How to map top of the head nice (e.g. make headphones look nice on top and get the top to look nice overally?
3)How to make those nice sphere (NOT SPINNY) previews everyone have?
seen you ingame. but for other peoples reference
1) filters-> other -> offset
- or merge all your layers then offset if you are crazy with your layers
- ooor go download a magic script that will offset all the visible layers

2) use the head texture template the vox one on google images is the best imo (also side note- place the eyes on the center line unless you are trying to create different expressions. if you set the layer to multiply you can also have the template on the whole time)
- or use filters - distort - convert to polar to do the top

3) if your photoshop has 3d cababilities then you can research how to do that :o
- gimp also can do this map to sphere or something
- i prefer just to let them see a watermarked flat or post in-game images because the shading changes slightly based on shaders/raytracing/anything
Last edited by 13chillz; Dec 10, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
@13chillz excellent answers 10/10!

About headphones

Here's a template I just made that will help ;)

tested with natejas head to verify

Last edited by ImmortalPig; Dec 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Be very careful using the top 1/8th of the sphere because shaders absolutly will distort it into an unrecognizable shape. Even venturing down towards 1/4 you will still get small distortions.

Tb: please fix
haha i was going to use that lmgtfy

but please don't ever use that template :| its not centered, the lines aren't parallel/equal distance apart on the sphere, so it is useless for proportioning, the lines are so thick you cant use it as a successful multiply layer, and the neck joint isn't shown so beginners spend half the time putting lots of detail where it never will be seen.
Thx guys. Especially 13chillz, of course! Starts making sense to me, I guess I'll be good when digging the answers. Prob. solved!