Toribash
Original Post
[School] Hobo Texture School

Welcome to my Texture School. Here you can learn creating textures and the stuff that goes in this direction. Learn from etablished teachers the stuff you want to learn - with a list of many tutorials and the availability to request one - everything is possible.

"Its the artist creating art.
The school just shows possibilities."
- HJ -

Things that the students learned and made with the help of the school:

[L] Chapter 1: The Basics - HJ
[L] Chapter 2: Tribal Shapes - HJ
[L] Chapter 3: Heads using hand shading - AHD
[L] Chapter 4: Body using hand shading -AHD
[L] Chapter 5: Dirty up your textures - avwave
[L] Chapter 6: Bumpmapping - avwave

Well, you need some things to join:
- Gimp or PhotoShop
- Windows or Mac OS X

How the tutoring works? In the forums theres a group with the id 474. Thats the Hobo Texture School, where all the tutorials with texture related stuff become published. You can read them, understand them and work the way you want. If you have any problems regarding this you can contact me through PM or just post the question in the group.

At the moment we have 29 pupils, 15 Discussions and 359 messages.
killer20
dentian
Bork
poopy12
Gumfighter
BioTrash
serhan6
Chickenpox
DecapW
killakid
fireless
Zygriuxxx
sampandora
bilza
McBurger
PanSowa
huckman
DaJoka
airbust
avwave
smashslice
Toriboomer
micho
SohnoJam
CaptainLOL
Ivorii
Sharp1337X
DarKmater

micho:
Joey's brilliant idea to teach the new upcoming texturers was and still is a brialliant success. He has been providing tutorials covering everything a good texturer should know, from the basics to advanced shading. Since the school received many students Joey has managed to get some more tutorials from some of the best texturers today. Joey's idea was to give a random texturer a big boost onto improoving his textures.

The entry fee for the school is 40k tc at the moment. You will stay in the school forever, unless you'd like to leave.
This price won't change anytime soon, as that'd be unfair for the people who payed that.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask here.

Attention: You can also applicate to tutor. You will get 20k/lesson - only if its good tho. You have to have Skype or (better) IRC.
Last edited by HoboJoey; Jul 24, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

A good idea, i think. And not bad prices, considering.
I'm not sure if this comes under the jurisdiction of the TTM approval, but its worth a shot.

Good luck!
Last edited by Monobi; May 19, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
man.... I hope i would have thought about this before... But really good luck with this.
i might take few lessons about torso textures
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
would be cool if you do, i give u a lil price change because u are my first customer: 30k for u for one week, 50k for two weeks.
I would be able to help teach? hire me if its allowed but i do not want to teach Anime style to anyone. I can teach tribals.
Master Space Dragon of Element

Some textures my result in a loss of quality when resized(if they do i will put APPLY in the post with the texture)

Check my Texture shop

Like my Avatar? you can request avatars like that from my shop!
How long would you like to learn for?
Master Space Dragon of Element

Some textures my result in a loss of quality when resized(if they do i will put APPLY in the post with the texture)

Check my Texture shop

Like my Avatar? you can request avatars like that from my shop!