Toribash
Original Post
[VID] King For A Day

Red for the cancer, red for the wealthy
Red for the drink that's mixed with suicide
Everything red

Been working on this for 5 days now
Glad it's finally done :P
Don't know what happened to the last clip. I think I did something wrong...

Some things I need to learn:
Velo
Flow
Emphasising hits clearer
Transitions

Things I've learnt how to do:
Pan/crop
Motion Track in TB

I think this is gonna be my first one min video for now. Expect a lot of short vids because I need to perfect my style.

Replays by:
Nagato9757
Osiris
Liar
Hentai
Jaker
Larfen
Gravity
Swexx
SonnyMFS
Flash
Mack
Pr0ne

Song:
Pierce The Veil - King For A Day

Software:
After Effects CC 14
MBL
RSMB
Toribash
QuickTime Player

CnC very much welcome and appreciated!

Statistics:
Time taken: ~12 Hours
Render time: 1 hour
30 fps version:
https://youtu.be/DjHV-15aJX8
Last edited by Nagato; Mar 30, 2016 at 07:57 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
I liked the beginning, then heard the screamo. im not a fan of that, just a personal preference. I liked how the movement moved with the music, but you shouldn't be so close to the players. scoot back a bit.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Overall

The video as a whole was very nice and a definite improvement from your other... "edits". The CC wasn't too shaby, the velo is gtetting better and the vidoe in it's entirety is pretty nice. 8/10 ~IGN

Pros

-The motion tracking in the beginning was nice and you mentioned how long the video took to render in the call we was in at the time of me writing this cnc, and I give you props for sitting there for so long.
-The CC is very nice (especially for y--)
-The Velo is also very nice, however, something isn't right with it. I can't quite put my finger on it.
-I noticed the blood effect, and you explained it to me. Very easy, very nice, use it more in later edits.
-Flow is nice

Cons

-Speaking of effects, your video's effects are lacking, but that can be seen as a pro or a con, more or less effects is really up to the person viewing the video. However, in my case I dislike the lack of effects.
-I'm not saying you should make your screenpumps stronger, I'm saying you should find a way to make them more obvious.
-The hits aren't very clear throughout the video, this could be the fault of your keyframing, but I don't really have any real gripes with it.
-The effect at 0:20 is out of sync with the song.
-Your flow, however, is inconsistent

Conclusion

Everything I noticed is written there, anything not written there isn't worth noting or wasn't worth noticing. Your videos are definitely steering in the correct direction of improvement, I wish you well on your future endeavours.
Last edited by MasterTech; Mar 30, 2016 at 01:54 AM.
Great intro dude, really fit in well! When working with metal (metalcore in your case) I'd suggest going with a song that emphasize stronger riffs and that has a versatile drummer, to easier get in those velo's and, quoting, "Emphasising hits clearer". Music is personal preference though, so roll with what you want. o/

Also practice on camera placement, like Weoo put it in the post before.

Nice work dude.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

responses to your quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let me start by saying that I love this song sooooo fucking much. When Vic starts the first verse with screaming, you did a pretty good job of flowing that shit in. However, at the start of the bridge with Kellin, you didn't really match the intensity as well. And the end of the bridge when he's singing "Enough's enough we're doooone", you could put the replay on normal speed/faster speed then (i have no idea about the first part, but this is the most important) suddenly slow it to a freeze while he's singing that. I mean, you kinda tried with Swexx getting hit, but it wasn't emphasized enough.

It's similar to how when you're playing an instrument, but you don't make a big enough difference on your dynamics that your audience can hardly tell the difference.

This was still really good tho. Props for using this song.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
I really think that it would have looked better if you rendered it at 30fps

That's just my opinion though
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
I really think that it would have looked better if you rendered it at 30fps

That's just my opinion though

here's a 30 fps version
https://youtu.be/DjHV-15aJX8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seemed pretty damn good and felt nice to watch.
The first replay though I would say you need to
speed up the kicks on it, just felt to slow on that
one. Towards the end of the video though you
got REALLY close and it was kind of hard to see
what was going on anymore.

Loved the opening though with your logo and
what not, really well done.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •