Toribash
Original Post
Oldschool | Newschool
Ayt team, tell me exact join date DD/MM/YY which splits community in that two groups?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smegma controller
Some say the first 2 years of toribash, so 2007/2008 (are oldschool). It honestly doesn't split the new community at all because most of those players are new. The oldies are either irrelevant or only play casually.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Some say the first 2 years of toribash, so 2007/2008 (are oldschool). It honestly doesn't split the new community at all because most of those players are new. The oldies are either irrelevant or only play casually.

Yeah back then 2008 and older was considered old school. Swex and largekilla kinda were responsible for that split, since they started using 30 grav to make more realistic replays (They were not the first ones to do it, but they perfected it). With this fresh style of toribash that everyone wanted to learn, they established the new school.
-----
Edit: Goat you ass, how dare you call me irrelevant xD
Last edited by Oaky; Nov 30, 2023 at 12:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
evil Führer of Evil
I'd classify myself old school even tho I joined toward the end of 2008 shortly after it became free to play :P
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
There should be a new new school maybe. At what point did players believe ABD is toribashs main mod? The new cut should be there.
evil Führer of Evil
all my newgen scrubs rise up
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
Um Mamute pequenino queria voar
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
There should be a new new school maybe. At what point did players believe ABD is toribashs main mod? The new cut should be there.

Still trying to figure out how we ended up like this and HOW/WHY does everyone hates TK now. Makes no sense at all.
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
tb exists for so long so it can be splitted by decades
pre 2010
pre 2020
post 2020

When i started split was def pre 2008 and post 2008, but hella time past
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smegma controller
Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
Remember when Judo, Wushu3, and Aikido.tbm was the top 3 most played mods ? Good times

Those were good times. Remember when tk was the top competitive mod, which led to actually cool looking fights? Best times. Nowadays it's just two dudes hugging each other and flailing about with their legs until one guy hits the outside of the dojo with his wrist. *Old man fist shake*
evil Führer of Evil