Toribash
Original Post
This build okay? [Gaming PC - Complete I think]

The build

I need some help choosing peripherals, I like LEDs and I really like the look of the Razer Chroma series and the Corsair RGB series. Anyone own either of these? Looking at the blackwidow and the K70 respectively.

In terms of a mouse I'm thinking of matching it to the keyboard by getting either a Corsair or a Razer mouse depending on the keyboard I get. Anyone have any major problems with Razer/Corsair or any alternatives?

Headphones I'm thinking just a studio set... my friend has a pair that I really liked that cost about £100 and then just the cheapest rode microphone.

I'm putting this together over summer so I have a lot of time to change parts and things like that. I am planning on putting it together myself with help from some friends but the watercooling part scares me... any advice?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
i hate the chroma set
it's so expensive for something you don't need
i've got this 8$ korean piece of shit keyboard which works great and has a bright backlight
get a good logitech g710+ if you want mech and the g400s mouse combo
your plans for headphones (g430s for a real match, cheap as well) and mic are fine cause nothing else is needed
i'm not too knowledgeable on water cooling but my friend didn't make it look too hard when he built his
you can find a lot of guides about that kinda shit and if it's even needed/useful
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
I really don't want to cheap out. Like I'm not going to get something because it costs less than the alternative. This is a high end machine and I'd like high end peripherals to go with it. I don't want a $2000 machine and a $7 keyboard, no offence.
For arguments sake I don't really need any of this... I want this build to look nice because I'm going to have to look at it everyday haha.

Do you know much about Razer in general... their old peripherals are pretty cheap now and I've heard some good things and some not so good things
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
uwu i wuv you uwu
I don't know if that PSU is a good choice, I've seen a lot of complaints about EVGA's power supplies.

Motherboard, CPU, Graphics card and RAM is the exact same as what I have, so I can safely say its a good choice. Just remember to update to the latest bios or the graphic card driver will turn off your pc after a while :P happened to me.

Corsair vengeance can in some stores be cheaper if you buy them 2x8 instead of 4x4 for the same ram, look through the site to see if you got the best deal.

Storage looks good, nice to see you get an SSD + normal hard-drive, so you can boot on your SSD. Do you really need that much storage tho?

Screen looks expensive, but its a good screen.

In terms of keyboard and mouse its all about your preference, I didn't have the best experience with razer, CMstorm TriggerZ is better than Razer Blackwidow in my opinion, tested them both. and I never liked the razer deathadder mouse, so I changed to roccat savu instead. but I guess its a matter of opinion. I don't get your fascination with lights on keyboards :P

If you don't know how to deal with a water cooler I suggest not having one and go for an air cooler instead, its a safer option. But I guess if you have some expert friends that can help you out it should be fine.
Last edited by Ezeth; May 22, 2015 at 05:31 AM.
i'm suggesting you go with logitech just because of that inconsistency with razer stuff
i rarely hear anything bad about it and honestly i've owned a lot of it before or currently
it's not cheaping out, either, if it's just as good and maybe better than the most expensive stuff

also what ezeth said about that ssd is true as hell
get that shit pronto
just saw that you did get it
and cut back on that 3tb
who the fuck needs that unless youre collecting every movie made
Last edited by hobo; May 22, 2015 at 05:34 AM.
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
4x4 is faster I believe. All about that speed.

I want to mount my most frequently used stuff on my SSD... this build is going to last me a long time so I want to make sure I don't run out of room on the SSD.

I'll look into the PSU, thanks!

Can you tell me more about the Motherboard? A friend suggested it because it's new and shiny but I don't really know if it's better then say a none flashy MSI thing... is it worth the hassle? The case I had in mind doesn't fit the MSI motherboard so I had to opt for a full tower which I don't mind but space and all that jazz
-----
I currently have about 2TB of films and media on my current pc...
-----
Oh and G-sync I've heard is amazing but it's the price of 2 4k monitors... is it THAT amazing?
Last edited by lillian; May 22, 2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu
well you want ddr3 memory and usb 3.0 so yes, the motherboard also comes with really nice bios setup menu where you get full control of practically everything. I would rather choose a different case than a different motherboard. You can fit everything in a small case.

I have this thing from antec
https://sdamitio2014.files.wordpress...puter-case.jpg
everything fits in there really easily, and I even have excess space. so easy to carry with you as well, and you just pop it open when you want to change shit inside.
Reminds me of Robot Wars

I really like the H440 case series, would it fit everything okay?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu
yes I'm pretty sure the case is made so it fits perfectly with the motherboard and graphics card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqz5WAU9iJg
its the same size graphics card and motherboard in this video I think, and it looks like a good fit.
Awesome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu