Toribash
Original Post
Ȟ̸̡̡͈̺̬̻͍̪̗̥̇͝ó̴̯̖̏͊̃́̕m̶̡̖̻̪̬̺͍̮͕̦͙͒̋̉̈́͜&
Ȟ̸̡̡͈̺̬̻͍̪̗̥̇͝ó̴̯̖̏͊̃́̕m̶̡̖̻̪̬̺͍̮͕̦͙̬͒̋̉̈́͜p̶͋͗̀ ̹̯̺̠̪̀͒̀͛̚ò̶̩̪͕̙̔͊̀̽ ̸̳̟̥͚͔̞̤̺̺̝͛͐́̇̆̅́̎̈́̀͝d̶̢̛̥̤̖̮͇̖̲͍͈̯̲͖̹̐̇͌̏͒̍͐̕̕o̷ ͓̻̫̟͇̠̿̿̑̉̚e̶̛͎͌̌̌̀̈́͝s̸̞͓̼͔̻̙͖͖̞̣̾͑̀̔͛̇̓̂̿ͅ ̷̦̖͔̱͚̬̰̙̣̭̽̂̇͒̾̊̏͘n̴̤͕̲͔̑̊͗̒̊͘o̵̗̩̱̖̫̓̇͊̐̿̈̓̀̾̐͘͘ t̶̝̋̍̅͐͝ ̷̢͇͈̯̦̽̎̒̀͑́̏̋̚f̶̧̢̫̰̗͇̀̐̄̓̌͌̂̕ǫ̴̤̭̙̪͍̳̖̰̏́̎̐͆̆͘͠ r̷̩̣͇̈̔̅̓̈́́g̵͕̯͇̖̖̮̝͖͖͓͖̟͛̊̒̑͌̑̄̃̈̈̓͂͠͝͝i̴̒̐͂̑͗͘͝͠ ̨͉̲̝̘͕̭̱̥͇̱̯̝̪͎v̶͕͓̓͒̿͆̄͆̑̀̆͒͌̊̈́͠e̴̊̐̎̈́͆̃͂̉̓̄͠ ͔̟
Last edited by TheGod; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:46 AM.
the god
ḧ̸̡̢͍̰͔̖̰̱̙͕́̆̏̓į̷͕̼͖̻͕̩̱͛̆́͌̑̊̌ ̸̧̩͚̹̼̝͚͉̙̽̎̏͐͊͗͐̇c̸̡̧̪̖͇̭͔̳̘̺̘͚̫͚̰̜͕͒͗̔͆̄̂̀̈́̕u̵̍̾ ̧̢̧͖̣̥͙̠̞̈́̃͗̈́͐́̔͒͒͋̎̍͂̏͝l̸̘̪͈̺͚̞̟̪̟̗̈́́͊̍̔̋̋̌͘ä̴́̾̎ ͚̙̲̥̻̍̂̋̈́͊̈
Originally Posted by sir View Post
ḧ̸̡̢͍̰͔̖̰̱̙͕́̆̏̓į̷͕̼͖̻͕̩̱͛̆́͌̑̊̌ ̸̧̩͚̹̼̝͚͉̙̽̎̏͐͊͗͐̇c̸̡̧̪̖͇̭͔̳̘̺̘͚̫͚̰̜͕͒͗̔͆̄̂̀̈́̕u̵̍̾ ̧̢̧͖̣̥͙̠̞̈́̃͗̈́͐́̔͒͒͋̎̍͂̏͝l̸̘̪͈̺͚̞̟̪̟̗̈́́͊̍̔̋̋̌͘ä̴́̾̎ ͚̙̲̥̻̍̂̋̈́͊̈

Hello sir,
Glad you are still here working on TB. Of course it is sad that activity has steadily dwindled over time, I think we all saw this coming, some sooner than others and with different ideas/attempts to improve the situation. In the end though as long as there are still some servers where people can hop on and play TB it is a good thing. One of the greatest games of all time and an interesting community as well.
-----
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
What does this say I can't read

It says "Hompo does not forgive"

Hompo is a deeply controversial figure in the history of toribash, at one point even mentioning his name would result in a month long ban. Not sure if the censorship has loosened up as of late, I will try to explain the legend of Hompo as briefly as possible and hopefully not get banned again.

The legend of Hompo began in 2009 after Hampas car accident in Singapore. The official story from Nabi was that Hampa was in a minor accident and was taking a few months off from the game to recover fully. Everything seemed normal until Hampa returned and was seen behaving completely different from how he was before. Most people had a superficial relationship with Hampa and did not think anything of it; but myself, having worked closely with him as part of the GodTeam developing new in game modding features, realized something was very very wrong.

The first confusing thing we noticed was that Hampa seemingly forgot about all the projects and features we were testing with him leading up to the accident. At this point we had developed the win triggers, increased object count, and had other specific plans in the work which when brought up to Hampa he seemed to have completely forgot and asked us to re-explain things over and over. We would explain things, he would seem to remember, but then next time we saw him we were starting all over again. At first we thought it was just lingering effects from a concussion, but we soon realized the problem was much more serious.

Some days when we saw Hampa he would speak in perfect English and other times he would struggle to put a coherent sentence together. Sometimes the word choices he would use would only make sense if they came from a translator, and sometimes he would use Russian conventions like ending sentences with the trademark parenthesis)) <-like so. Also, on IRC which was the predecessor to discord he would disconnect and reconnect up to a hundred times per day. If it was a particularly slow day in the chat all you would see was a giant block of Hampa connecting and disconnecting over and over again. He never used to do any of this. Finally, the whole gravity of the situation dawned on us when we got him to join our server to test some new mods we were making. This is the day we learned exactly what happened to Hampa.

At this point us in the God Team were very suspicious of what had been going on so the moment Hampa joined our server we checked his IP address and wrote it down. As expected, he had to disconnect and reconnect multiple times and each time he joined back in with a different IP address which we wrote down as well. We checked these IPs and saw that they were coming from all over the world, USA, Europe, Philippines, and elsewhere. I confronted Hampa and asked why he was seemingly teleporting all around the world, he responded with only 3 words: "testing is finish" and stormed out of the server. Over the next couple of hours my highest ranking deputies in the God Team would intentionally break rules in our own server to lure in the forum moderators and staff so that we could register their IPs as well. What we saw would change Toribash history forever.

The IP addresses matched. They matched. The IP addresses from "Hampas" accounts were all the same addresses that the moderators and admins were using. The Russian "Hampa" IP matched the Russian forum admin, the Brazilian "Hampa" matched the Brazilian admin. This explained why Hampa didn't understand the mod features we were working on, it also explained why there hadn't been any new gameplay upgrades in years. We rushed on to google desperately trying to find what happened to the real Hampa, we checked facebook, linkedin, archives, old news articles, and then we finally saw it. A fatal car accident in late 2009 in Singapore, they did not name the victim but the timeline matched up perfectly with Hampas trip. The dark truth had been revealed. Hampa died in that accident, and a rogue clique of toribash admins used it as an opportunity to seize control of the game and finances by masquerading as a fake "Hampa". Hompo is the name we gave to this fake "Hampa" which we have today.

After we figured this out I rushed to create another Tori-Investigation detailing what really happened to Hampa and the reality which is Hompo. This sent a shockwave through the community and I was quickly banned for the bogus reason of my password being leaked. In reality the admins knew they had been found out and tried to desperately silence the situation by claiming I had been hacked, but the truth was out. The final desperate attempt from the admins to cover their tracks was to create a false "April fools" joke where they would seemingly ironically promote all the findings of the Hompo investigation but make it look as though it was a big joke for the purpose of pranking the community on April 1st, and try to make it look as though I fell for their joke.

I knew that the life of toribash itself depended on people knowing the truth about Hompo and overthrowing the tyranny of that worldwide clique of rogue admins. I tried with all my might and with the God Team and our allies and at the peak of Toribash we reached the highest levels of power that any non-official organization had reached. We had our own event promotion organization, which was superior to the rogue event squad. We had begun winning forum admin and mod positions. We had unlimited TC for our events. We started to win over some of the strongest and most noble admins who were not a part of the Hompo scam. In the end it was just a matter of time, but time was out. The endless bannings, the continuous leaking of our passwords, and the responsibility of life outside of toribash meant that we fell just short of our goals in the end. It seems that the truth has been buried beneath mountains of lies, and that toribash may be ruled into the ground by Hompo for the rest of its days.
-----
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
TheGod you were my first toribash friend

You were my first toribash friend bro, absolute legend. Toribash soccer I even remember the mod we were playing.
Last edited by TheGod; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:12 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
the god
we had good haha's back in the day

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER