Ranking
Original Post
Planetside 2 MMO-FPS-TPS-AWESOMEPS
I haven't seen a thread about this game, so I thought I'd make one,(and I am not allowed to use the search sytem either.)

---

PlanetSide 2 is one of the biggest free-to-play shooters yet, and after months of beta testing it’s finally live. In case you haven’t been following along with PlanetSide 2, it pits three factions against each other with the goal of capturing and holding territory. You can play as a jetpack soldier, a sniper, a heavy weapons soldier, a medic, an engineer and even jump into a mech suit. You can also take control of tanks, assault aircraft and transports to help push back an enemy assault or thin out entrenched defenders.

Battles are set on open, gigantic maps where progress is persistent, so fights over territory can span multiple days. PlanetSide 2 is also free, so if any of this sounds interesting, you can play right now.

Despite the bewildering frenzy of PlanetSide 2's huge encounters, players seemed willing to play their roles. Medics routinely revived and healed. Engineers walked behind tanks to make repairs and also used the vehicle for cover while entering enemy territory. Infiltrators cloaked to disrupt enemy positions or sniped if they couldn't get close. PlanetSide 2 seems to demand this kind of play because trying to do anything by yourself is pretty much instant death.

Pay to Play?

There’s always a danger in free to play games of publishers and developers locking too much content behind a pay wall to make it feel like playing for free doesn’t actually feel worthwhile. It’s a tricky balance, but so far with PlanetSide 2, I haven’t felt the need to pay for anything.
All three of the game’s continents, all the classes and all the vehicles are available for free. So if you want to log in and jump into gigantic battles with tanks, you can without paying. If you want to buy stuff, well naturally there’s lots of stuff SOE wants you to spend money on, but it’s implemented in a way that doesn’t feel annoying or intrusive. If you want new turrets for tanks or rocket pods for aircraft or sniper rifles for your Infiltrator, you can buy it with Station Cash, a virtual currency bought with real money, or with Certification Points, a virtual currency earned by playing the game. This way, you’re not forced to pay actual money if you want a new gun. You can just play the game to get it.

I should also point out that while the login issues seem to have cleared up, I'm noticing more and more bugs while playing. At this point, I feel comfortable saying PlanetSide 2 is not as polished as it should be for launch.

Originally Posted by commenter
Overall, Planetside 2 is a real gem. I can't forget the first time I rolled with 50 other players in my Prowler in a two-lane convey at night for a surprise attack (lights off soldiers!). Above us was Mosquito's and other airships, and ahead were Flashers. Behind our convey was our precious Sunderer, which act as a spawning beacon for our troops and supplier. Its an experience that I have never experience before in the FPS genre.
If you have the computer and the patience to learn how to play, then you should definitely try this game - especially when its free.

Straight from IGN, you can find the full article here.

---

In my opinion the game is just awesome, I haven't played with something this great so far, not even the battlefield series. I love the huge battles, and the teamwork, and I would recommend this game to everyone.

Although I have to point out that it is actually released, but It looks pretty much half-done at some moments: There are plenty of bugs, and low quality textures, but I think these can be overlooked easily, and I am sure they will get updated later on.

I also like the paying system, as you don't have to pay a penny if you want to get something, just play a bit more. It is like a "play to get things faster" system, which is a really good idea in my opinion, as many people have the money, and are impatient, and some are just the opposite.

What are your thoughts about this game? Because I've just became a fan of it.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Played it, i like the fact that each individual faction has their weapon types and stuff. My connection is kinda poop so like, whenever i shoot somebody, it registers like 5 seconds after i initially hit them, but the good thing about that is i think I'm invisible to them or something since i go into a mod of people from time to time and i never get shot. Sometimes my connection can hold up so when im playing lag free, i have my moments

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Just registered. Some faggot already took Zayex. (Definitely that queer from freerealms).
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
I was fascinated by the first one back in the day.

Was in the beta for this but never got a chance to play... I'll pick it up some day, looks neato.
Excellent, a thread for this!

Yes I would highly recommend this game to anyone and everyone - so long as they've got a good enough computer to run it. I haven't got the world's best pc but I have to play it on all low settings (except medium textures and models) to get a stable framerate.

Anyway, I got 1000 paid virtual currency for this game and have no idea what to buy with it. I would appreciate any suggestions! I mostly play engineer or light assault.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Excellent, a thread for this!

Yes I would highly recommend this game to anyone and everyone - so long as they've got a good enough computer to run it. I haven't got the world's best pc but I have to play it on all low settings (except medium textures and models) to get a stable framerate.

Anyway, I got 1000 paid virtual currency for this game and have no idea what to buy with it. I would appreciate any suggestions! I mostly play engineer or light assault.

It is up to you, and you can even try the weapons before you buy them.

I personally love flying, so that my thing will be a pair of rockets for my fighter.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Bumping this because this game is fucking amazing

I'm just getting good with infiltrator, and it's so fun
Hoss.