Toribash
Original Post
Important Competitive Toribash Questions
After a fun filled week getting to know this great community, I've come up with a few questions that'll help ME understand where I really am. I appreciate you all for the support. Even the negative people on stream are still nice to me. The broadcasts have been so exciting. SO HYPE!

THE QUESTIONS (Be Honest Please):

1. Does the Toribash community exist only on this Forum? (some games form communities on YouTube, twitchtv and other various websites)

2. Has the Toribash community ever organized LAN events? If not, Would you go to a Toribash LAN event to meet up with people, compete and have fun?

3. If you're a player who reached a really high level of skill in any of the competitive mods in Toribash, have you ever wanted to become an esports pro gamer? Playing on live broadcasts in front of thousands for large amounts of money, fans asking for your autograph or news reporters asking you for interviews, hundreds of fans watching your live stream even though you're just practicing for the next event?

Your answers will help me figure out how serious I should take our competitive Toribash scene. I came from the esports scene and felt pro level Toribash players deserve a bit of 2. and 3. (IMO of course)

You guys are the best. Thx
Last edited by LesDuncan; Dec 22, 2023 at 06:54 PM.
1. Ive honestly only seen it on here, skype, and steam. Havnt noticed any anywhere else other than in the good ol' forums :3

2. Notthat I know of, but Hell Yea i would go, with like booths setup for your clan and all that, a panel for staff if they go and a that. Yea thatd be pretty cool. Toricon 2013 kgo xD

3.I consider myself a high skilled player, yet i know theres still a lot more better people than me, some say that belt ranks dont matter though. I would definitly agree, some people tell me that i honestly shouldnt be 2nd dan, more a 6th dan at the least. And being broadcast over a massive group of people for large amounts of money would be just plain AWESOME. I would definitly love to do that. And who even cares about the money, I would love being broadcasted in general. Being watched by communities and the toribash community would be pretty cool. :3

Dude, take it as serious as you can. Toribash becoming an esport game would be a milestone for the game, let alone the community to. I cant wait for the day I see that happen :3
Last edited by Donut; Aug 26, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Pickled is alright
And fresh is quite a delight
Creati0n-approved
1. no so far i know, in the forum are most of the known users active.

2. well depends where it is.. but if i can i would.

3. OFC YEA !
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
1. its 95% of the community so basicly yes
2. idk
3. BRING IT ON!
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by LesDuncan View Post
1. Does the Toribash community exist only on this Forum? (some games form communities on YouTube, twitchtv and other various websites)

As far as I know, the only large group of players that are organized elsewhere are in the Toribash Steam Group. Other smaller groups may also play games, post in other forums, and things like that.

There is also the IRC, which can be accessed by clicking on "Help" in the navigational bar below the banner. Try chatting in a channel other than #support.

2. Has the Toribash community ever organized LAN events? If not, Would you go to a Toribash LAN event to meet up with people, compete and have fun?

Since the discontinuation of privately hosted servers, LAN is no longer possible. You can still create a room online and make it private, however.

3. If you're a player who reached a really high level of skill in any of the competitive mods in Toribash, have you ever wanted to become an esports pro gamer? Playing on live broadcasts in front of thousands for large amounts of money, fans asking for your autograph or news reporters asking you for interviews, hundreds of fans watching your live stream even though you're just practicing for the next event?

I don't think that Toribash has reached that level. Besides, to most, Toribash is more fun to play, not to watch.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Oh LesDuncan,

Welcome to the community glad to have you! I can see you're gonna make it far here (if you haven't already.)
1. I agree with the others but I would want to add Skype as the second biggest part of the community. Some clans use it as a chat tool (mostly text) and it's an awesome way to contact someone fast.

2. I would definitely come. I live in Sweden though so I don't know if there's anymore people around that play Toribash :P

3. I wouldn't want the money because it would make Tb more like a work.
I'd enjoy streaming though
PM me with any and all questions